August 2011 Moms
Options

Big Moves--NBR

First off HELLO!!!!!!!!  I feel like I haven't  had time to breath let alone play on here and I miss it! 

Now for my post.  I have desided (okay not 100% sure yet) to sell my old wedding set from my late husband.  We are low on funds (and work needs done on my car) and selling it would mean not taking money out of savings.  I have a heart neckless and a neckles we had made with his finger print also have a few other rings he got me.  I am kind of having a hard time with this...once it is gone it is gone.  FI said it is 100% up to me and he is not telling me eaither way.  I thought about giving the ring to his neice once she is older, but I am not even sure she would want it.  I am just kind of at a loss.  WWYD?     

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: Big Moves--NBR

• Options
    It's a personal choice for me. I would keep the finger print one for sure, but I get attached to things. Since you're low on funds and it would help you get out of a tough spot I say sell the things that have less meaning maybe? Idk this is such a sensitive area, it's really hard to say. You seem to be on the fence about it so I would wait until you're sure.
  • Options
    My only advice would be definitely don't do ANYTHING with it until you are 100% sure that's what you want to do.
    You need to figure out what the jewelry means to you and whether it's worth holding on to, because like you said once it's gone, it's gone. 
    I'm a sentimental fool and would probably hold on to it forever.  But that's me and doesn't really help you.  You are the only one who can make the decision.  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello!

I would probably sell the less meaningful pieces - random rings and necklaces/charms - , but hold on to the wedding set and the finger print necklace.  But that is just me, and this is one of those really personal decisions, ya know?  And as others said, if you are not 100% on selling something, don't!  You can't get it back once it is gone.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Honey, the thing I've learned through the years is to change my perspective on THINGS.  These pieces of jewelry are not him, they will not bring him back, and they don't actually mean anything in regard to him.  Sure, he gave them to you, but they're no different than the birthday cakes he gave you (that I'm sure you ate), the other gifts that he gave you, that you've worn out or otherwise gotten rid of.

As soon as you can dissociate him from THINGS, the easier the decision will be.  If it frees up some cash for you and your new life...  well, I'm sure he's not going to hold a grudge where ever he is.  He's going to want you to be happy and cared for, not struggle to make ends meet and holding on to jewelry. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemelissa0726:

Hello!

I would probably sell the less meaningful pieces - random rings and necklaces/charms - , but hold on to the wedding set and the finger print necklace.  

I think this is what I would do as well. 

But like everyone else said, it's just such a personal decision - you need to figure out what you are com fortable doing, because once those things are gone, they're gone.

::hugs:: and good luck 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"