November 2011 Moms

vent

So DH's daughter was over for a few hours today, we haven't seen her in about two, maybe three weeks. Anyhow, I always feel like I'm drained after we have visits, whether it's overnight or just for a couple hours. She doesn't listen, even though she acknowledges me when I tell her NOT to do something. She's smart, but seems to act stupid, maybe it's for attention or maybe it's for some other reason. Whatever it is, it drives me batty. She didn't spend the night because she's sick and us three just got over a cold last week.

About twenty minutes ago, I go for a walk... only to have DH call me two or three times within a few minutes of each other. Why? Well Kohan woke up and he didn't have the patience to try getting him back to sleep. He felt a podcast Q and A for some game he plays was/is more important. Meanwhile I haven't had a chance to have any me time today, expect a shower when Kohan was sleeping. Frustrated I couldn't go for a twenty or thirty minute walk.

I don't want or need your judgement, if you're going to, don't bother replying!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vent

• I totally understand how you feel. Our older two drive me nuts, acting stupid is really the definition of it. But we ha e them full time. Like their BM isn't even in the picture full time. And DH gets the same way.
  • That seems like a tough situation.  I hope your day is better tomorrow!

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCmmo14:
    I am sorry you had a rough day, hopefully tomorrow it's better! keep your chin up, and don't forget that mummy needs to take care of herself too!

Thanks ladies. As for not forgetting time for myself, I haven't forgotten, but I think DH does sometimes. He didn't enjoy his lil Q and A thing cause three guys were arguing, so a little karma almost for not helping me? Ha
  • imagebrighteyes2123:
    imageCmmo14:
    I am sorry you had a rough day, hopefully tomorrow it's better! keep your chin up, and don't forget that mummy needs to take care of herself too!
    Thanks ladies. As for not forgetting time for myself, I haven't forgotten, but I think DH does sometimes. He didn't enjoy his lil Q and A thing cause three guys were arguing, so a little karma almost for not helping me? Ha

Haha, gotta love Karma!!  Hope your day is better today!

BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEstwd2:

imagebrighteyes2123:

Uhhhh, okaaay. Not sure why you thought you would be judged for this. Moving on.

Sorry you had a bad day. I have a niece that sounds like your SD. She lives clear across the country, so I don't have nearly enough time with her to really figure her out and come to an understanding with her. But let's just say that if we ever move closer, I won't be volunteering to babysit. :)

Probably because there are a lot of forums that respond to this sort of thing with 'you evil sm, how dare you think that those kids are anything less than perfect, they've been through so much, rah rah'. Its a sadly common occurrence.
  • imageEstwd2:

imagebrighteyes2123:

Uhhhh, okaaay. Not sure why you thought you would be judged for this. Moving on.

Sorry you had a bad day. I have a niece that sounds like your SD. She lives clear across the country, so I don't have nearly enough time with her to really figure her out and come to an understanding with her. But let's just say that if we ever move closer, I won't be volunteering to babysit. :)

Just pointed out I didn't wanna be judged, cause some women on these boards seem to be horrible for that. I honestly don't care if SD this I'm a mean wicked SM, she doesn't know what that is yet. My dad's second wife was a cow, kicking me out of the house at 19. Why? So she could have more time with me dad, but THEN she kicked him out six months later. I do tough love with SD, she gets away with too much and spoiled with her mother! When he mother picked her up, her mother told her to sit down so SHE could put her shoes on... she also isn't able to do the little snap up after going potty. I dunno, the mother just annoys me, maybe because of things she did in the past. Vent over, lol.
    Anyways, today has sorta gone better... the morning was crap, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"