Success after IF

Here's my "I'm an idiot" post

So the backstory is we're trying for #3 and we're on our 2nd round of letrozole with timed intercourse.  I've been doing opk's and had a positive on 9/11 so went in a week later and confirmed that I did ovulate.  Sunday was 12dpo so I tested and it was BFN.  I figured that was it and have been waiting to get AF.

While, still no AF so I tested this morning.  Only I think I've gotten so used to the opk's where you the result line needs to be as dark as the test line that it didn't click in my head this morning that the faint line showing up on the hpt could mean BFP.  So I jumped in the shower and didn't pay much attention to time and when I came out there was a darker line - not as dark as the test line.  Um yeah, it took me a minute to remember that "a line is a line" for hpt's. 

I called the RE and asked that they send the lab order for a blood test to a lab that was on my way to work. It wasn't until after the blood draw that the phlebotomist mentions that the results would be available tomorrow since while it's a lab - they don't actually do the testing there. WHAT?!?  Crap, I hadn't thought about that.  For my last pregnancy I went to the RE's office and they called while I was on my way home. And to further complicate matters I'm supposed to go out of town tomorrow, without DH and am wondering how this is all going to work and if they need to do follow up bloodwork and all that.

Anyways, here I sit wondering if that was in fact a line I saw or if I went over the time limit and the result was skewed.  Debating if I should leave work to drive 45 minutes and pay for another blood test that will have quicker results (not very practical option).  And counting down the mintues until I can go home and test again. (I really don't like the thought of testing at work)

Sorry if this is a rambling post but obviously I can't talk about this with anyone IRL so thanks for reading.  And if any of you ladies have any similar experiences- specifically with Wondfo test sitting for more than 5 minutes - please share.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: Here's my "I'm an idiot" post

• Good luck! I hope it's a BFP for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I would just wait until tomorrow for the beta results but I would definitely test tonight and in the morning lol.  I guess it depends on your RE's office as to when they will want to do a follow-up beta.  Mine have always been about 48 hours apart.  But if you're OOT then you can just get another one when you get back.  Good luck, I hope this is your BFP! 

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies.  I'm sorry I'm flipping out so much.  I just remember that our first time trying I used to plan my whole life around "what if I get pregnant this month?".  Even though we're on meds, I guess I didn't think it was going to happen very fast and didn't want ttc to run my life quite as it did last time.  So I kind of blanked on the possibility of beta testing when I agreed to go away with my sisters for the weekend.  Or maybe just figured I'd know either way earlier this week and didn't count on a time crunch.  I hope the RE doesn't think I'm insensitive or rude or anything if I do go out of town.  I'm looking forward to time with my sisters - although I'm not really sure how I'll last a whole weekend with them without any wine, lol.  Hmm, maybe if the test tonight is positive I'll end up with the flu and have to stay home.  

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Are you flying or driving? I ask because maybe you can get another beta test at a clinic wherever you are going. (I had to do that during my clomid challenge test.) Although I would think you could still wait until Monday to do another beta at your own clinic right?

This sounds very promising for you! A line is a line!

If it makes you feel any better, the very first HPT I ever did I peed on it without taking off the cap.  I thought, maybe I'm not smart enough to parent a child if I can't even figure out how to work a pee stick properly! :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Ha!  I thought that many times - I just can't aim my pee right to POAS so I always PIAC and dip it. 

Now here's my confession: I remembered that it's my turn to buy lotto tickets for our group and realized I had to make a run across the street to the grocery store.   Well, that's practically divine intervention if I have to run to the grocery/pharmacy, right?  So I got over my stigma about testing at work and camped out in the stall and took the test.  Since I mentioned that I do not like POAS, I grabbed a paper espresso cup to use, lol.  Another very faint line - but there is a line!!!!

Now I'm trying to decide if this nausea is a pg symptom or just because I'm so nervous. Oh, and I'm driving - the only issue is that we hadn't planned to tell any family members until we're 12 weeks so it would be obvious if I had to stop at a clinic with my sister in the car.  But if that's what the RE recommends then I'll do it.  Otherwise hopefully it's ok to wait.

*Siggy Warning*

• Go get a digital and POAS again!!! Good luck!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Sounds promising! A line is definitely a line. Re the wine, could you tell your sisters you are TTC again so abstaining? GL!!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • With DD#1,I forgot about the test (had taken them a lot in and mine were negative up to that point) and didn't check and see the line until about 30-45minutes after I took the test.  It was not a false positive -- DD#1 came along about 8 months later!

If you really want a funny pregnancy stick story -- my friend thought that 2 lines meant not pregnant and confirmed not pregnant.  She had positive pregnancy tests for a week and didn't know it.  And she's 35 with an advanced professional degree :)

DD#1, Alexa, Born 8/08; TTC # 2 since 3/2010; 8 IUI BFN; 1 cervical pregnancy in April 2011; IVF #1 Dec 2011 worked. EDD = 9/7/12. Bedrest starting 6/4/12. Julia Mae born 7/1/12, home 8/12/12. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"