Two Under 2
Options

SAHM How do you do it?

All right, I am no where NEAR having baby #2 (I just had baby #1 two months ago). I just want to be mentally prepared when that day comes. How do you prioritize baby time? My son will be about 1 year old when we start trying again, so when baby #2 comes he will be about 2 years old. So I know some constant need for mommy will be less, but what I want to know is how do you make sure baby #1 isn't jealous and possibly revert back to needing me all the time.

Also, how are you able to keep up with the household when two little ones? I have trouble with one just on my own since right now he always wants mommy. DH is working two jobs, trying to get another which will mean if he gets the job he wants it will be at least a 10 to 12 hour job. (Right now he is sleeping I should be cleaning, but mommy wants breaks sometimes too). I just would like some advice and help. Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Re: SAHM How do you do it?

• Options
    You will get a lot better at everything by then!  So much will change that it's not worth trying to mentally prepare this soon.  You'll make it work when you need to!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a 4 week old son & an almost 2yr old daughter. I thought my life would be insane w/ 2 under 2 but I'm actually managing pretty well. The trick is being organized, having a schedule and a very helpful husband. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't think there is really a way to mentally prepare for 2 under 2.  Especially this early, SO much will change with your LO in the next year.  

I will say that the 1st baby rocks your world so much and everything seems "hard" but when LO #2 comes along - the NB stage is a breeze! haha  

As for the housework, I get done what I can when I can.  But now that DS2 is 3 months old he is settling into a schedule and I can plan my days MUCH easier.

My DH is gone a lot for work which makes the dinner/bath/bedtime routine tough, but you will be amazed at what you have in you.  

I am TIRED at the end of the day, but having the kiddos so close in age is fun!  I wouldn't change it for anything. =)

Goodluck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageashf4i:

I don't think there is really a way to mentally prepare for 2 under 2.  Especially this early, SO much will change with your LO in the next year.  

I will say that the 1st baby rocks your world so much and everything seems "hard" but when LO #2 comes along - the NB stage is a breeze! haha  

As for the housework, I get done what I can when I can.  But now that DS2 is 3 months old he is settling into a schedule and I can plan my days MUCH easier.

My DH is gone a lot for work which makes the dinner/bath/bedtime routine tough, but you will be amazed at what you have in you.  

I am TIRED at the end of the day, but having the kiddos so close in age is fun!  I wouldn't change it for anything. =)

Goodluck!

totally agree with this!!

• Options

imagePaisleyRuth:
    You will get a lot better at everything by then!  So much will change that it's not worth trying to mentally prepare this soon.  You'll make it work when you need to!

I agree with this, I'm not a SAHM, but I still have to get all of the house stuff done after I work.  You learn how to multi task, compartmentalize things, and keep moving, because in the end its easier to just get it done now then to say "I'll do it later".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

My kids were closer together but I still felt like I got quality time with #1. Babies sleep a lot so we had that time. I'd also wear the youngest in a carrier a lot so I got lots of snuggly time with her while still being able to play with my older child.

With closer to a 2 year gap, the likelihood that your older child will be jealous/regress is far more likely regardless of what you do to prepare. The good part is kids adapt quickly so that stage won't last forever.

With regards to the housework--you just do it. In the early months I adjusted my expectations--the house wasn't going to be perfectly spotless with my sanity intact so I got the "big" stuff done that couldn't be skipped (like cleaning pots and pans). As the kids got older it got easier. Now they're 2.5 and 1.5 so they spend a good chunk of their awake time playing together so it's easy to get housework done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PREPPING! Doing what you can, when you can..it gets more manageable the more you do it. Like right now, mine are both napping, dinners cooking and I'm bumping:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"