Secondary IF

When to POAS

So I bought them and now I need to try to hold out til Friday...13 dpiui.  When do you think it is safe to test for an accurate result?  How long do you wait?  I have no symptoms and am feeling a bit negative.
Dx PCOS Three cycle of Clomid- BFN HSG- clear 6/09-Follistim and HCG IUI on 7/7/09 BFN 7/09- Follistim and Ovidrel IUI on 8/11/09 BFP! beta #1-342 beta #2-717 Joey was born on 5/5/10 Trying for #2 since 6/12 6/12- Gonal F and Ovidel IUI on 7/10. BFN 8/12- Gonal F and Ovidrel. IUI on 8/10. BFN 9/12- Gonal F and Ovidrel IUI BFN 10/22 Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelex 11/4 trigger 11/6 ER 14R 10F 11/11 ET transferred one 4AA embryo beta 11/20! BFP Betas stop multiplying . m/c at 5 weeks moving on to FET if my numbers ever get back to 0!

Re: When to POAS

• I'm not sure about "safe" as far as getting an accurate test, but I usually try to wait until at least 14 dpo.  Tomorrow will be 14 dpiui for me.  I'm still debating with myself wether to test tomorrow or keep waiting.  The last few months I have spotted the day before af and I am expecting to get af either tomorrow or Friday.  So maybe I'll wait to see if there is any spotting today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good luck to you!
    Dx PCOS Three cycle of Clomid- BFN HSG- clear 6/09-Follistim and HCG IUI on 7/7/09 BFN 7/09- Follistim and Ovidrel IUI on 8/11/09 BFP! beta #1-342 beta #2-717 Joey was born on 5/5/10 Trying for #2 since 6/12 6/12- Gonal F and Ovidel IUI on 7/10. BFN 8/12- Gonal F and Ovidrel. IUI on 8/10. BFN 9/12- Gonal F and Ovidrel IUI BFN 10/22 Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelex 11/4 trigger 11/6 ER 14R 10F 11/11 ET transferred one 4AA embryo beta 11/20! BFP Betas stop multiplying . m/c at 5 weeks moving on to FET if my numbers ever get back to 0!
  • Loading the player...
  • You too!  I'm a poas procrastinator...but then I'm a irl procrastinator too. LOL.

Hope we both get to add the the good news train on here soon. 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like to wait until the last minute, I am not an early tester. I find the negative tests harder to take than AF starting. That said I'm 13dpo and I expected AF today or yesterday and so far she hasn't showed. I have no tests in the house so I will wait until tomorrow. If she doesn't show I will buy some tests. I never make it to 14dpo so we'll see. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since June 2011
    Dx: low AMH, potentially blocked tube
    April-May cycles 50mg Clomid: BFN
    June-July cycles 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel + Progesterone: BFN
    Aug cycle 7.5mg Letrozole + Ovidrel + Progesterone: BFN
    Sept cycle 100mg Clomid + Follistim + Progesterone: BFN
    Oct cycle Clomid + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI: ?????
  • With both of my pregnancies I got BFNs on day 12 and BFPs on 13dpo. So from now on I will wait until 13 dpo just in case.

Good luck, ladies. I hope you both get BFPs soon!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Easier said than done but I would hold out as long as you could.  I agree a BFN is harder than AF starting.  

I POAS on Sunday (4dp6dt) and Tuesday (6dp6dt)  both negative my beta is today. I'm not holding out any hope.  GL to you all and I hope you get your BFP!!

IF History in my Bio!

• I test 14 days past. My cycle are very regular at 30 days. I test so I don't find out the news from AF. But not so early that I know for many days before

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"