August 2011 Moms
Options

Totally annoyed.

I let a friend borrow some of Max's clothes over the summer.  Today I was going through the 0-3 month stuff to see how much gender neutral/winter appropriate clothing we actually had.  Well, apparently her kid was a spitter and totally ruined several items of clothing.

Here's what I get - babies are babies, they ruin clothes.  I also understand that this is the risk you take when you loan things out.  I'm annoyed because I wish she would just have said, "Hey FYI - some of those outfits are total toast," rather than just stuffing them back in the bin.  Grrrrrr.

Okay, irrational vent officially over. ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645

Re: Totally annoyed.

• Options
    I'd probably be a little annoyed too.  When I was pg with DD1, this woman from my mom's work gifted me two trash bags full of clothes, but a ton of them had spit-up stains on them.  As a single teenaged mother, I still kept them and used them (I figured, hell, babies spit up and mine's going to do the same), but I was like, people do that?

Even when I donate to the Salvation Army, I try to give clothes that are worth selling.  *shrug*

// I love you too. //

• Options

Ugh.  Yes, frustrating.

My friends all asked if I wanted some of their larger toy items (an activity center and one of those Leap Frog learning tables).  Both of them were covered in dirt and food particles.  It was effing disgusting.  It wasn't even worth cleaning.  I just gave them back and told them that our situation changed and they could keep their toys, but thanks.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep I get what you mean. Close friends of ours brought over a gate, travel high chair a car seat(we didn't ask for it) and it was disgusting. After trying to clean the gate I just gave up and trashed everything else. I wasn't annoyed but insulted. I just felt like you didn't care enough that you couldn't clean it first? Also surprised because these people are the most neat and clean people we know.
  • Options
    imageshanado:
    Yep I get what you mean. Close friends of ours brought over a gate, travel high chair a car seat(we didn't ask for it) and it was disgusting. After trying to clean the gate I just gave up and trashed everything else. I wasn't annoyed but insulted. I just felt like you didn't care
    enough that you couldn't clean it first?
    Also surprised because these people
    are the most neat and clean people we
    know.
    P.s. I forgot, SIL offered to take apart the car seat for me to clean and she found French fries under the fabric. Ewww.
  • Options
    Bummer! At least you can get some cute new stuff ;) I totally get your frustration.. When I was pregnant a neighbor gave me 5 bins of stuff.. Most was beyond worn and the rest was ratty looking.. I returned them all to her stating that I had ended up receiving a ton of clothing at my baby shower.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

Spitter or no spitter its called take the time to clean it. I would be beyond pist because if I lend something to you I expect it back in the same condition.

I guess to look on the bright side like KJ said you can get new items.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I don't think it's an irrational vent. Like you said, babies do ruin clothes, but I think the least your friend could have done is give you a little heads up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Clothes get ruined but yep I would be annoyed if she didn't offer to replace some AND I hope she also offered her baby clothes back to you when your next LO is born.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I want to chime in with a different perspective.  DS was a terrible spitter.  We washed all of his clothes prior to putting them in 'storage'.  Some were only put away for a few months.  I just sorted them a few weekends ago and was horrified to see that some of them were covered in spit up stains.  Even though we had thoroughly washed them before putting them away the stains appeared while they were in boxes.  I was able to get most (if not all) of the stains out, by simply rewashing and using a pretreater prior to washing. 
    Perhaps your friend did wash the clothes and wasn't even aware of the staining issue?  I would try to wash the stains out (Shout pretreat in a blue bottle is what worked for me), and go from there.  My mom also swears by Awesome - which I think is usually found in dollar stores. 
    Hopefully you will have some success in removing the stains and you won't feel so bad for lending the clothes out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

image+Jasha+:
    I want to chime in with a different perspective.  DS was a terrible spitter.  We washed all of his clothes prior to putting them in 'storage'.  Some were only put away for a few months.  I just sorted them a few weekends ago and was horrified to see that some of them were covered in spit up stains.  Even though we had thoroughly washed them before putting them away the stains appeared while they were in boxes.  I was able to get most (if not all) of the stains out, by simply rewashing and using a pretreater prior to washing. 
    Perhaps your friend did wash the clothes and wasn't even aware of the staining issue?  I would try to wash the stains out (Shout pretreat in a blue bottle is what worked for me), and go from there.  My mom also swears by Awesome - which I think is usually found in dollar stores. 
    Hopefully you will have some success in removing the stains and you won't feel so bad for lending the clothes out. 

I can say Awesome is a GREAT product. Yes they do sell it at the Dollar store, 99cents store and Walmart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"