Pre-School and Daycare

Preschool at 2 1/2?

How many SAHM's have or are sending your child at this age?  I'm so torn about whether I should do this!!!!

Re: Preschool at 2 1/2?

• I did and it was great!  DS is language delayed and it was great for him.  Great for his sister, too.  My kids go to a co-op school and that REALLY helped with the worries.  I love being part of their first school experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ds started at 2 years old...

it was great, he loved it

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I think it's great for a few hours. Helps them start playing and communicating more with other kids and they get to do art and other fun stuff that you might not necessarily get around to doing all the time with them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I chose to start my boys when they were 3 plus. They each did at least 2 yrs before k. I don't think it is necessary at 2. My kids are well socialized, and we do a lot of library or sport classes. But do what works best for your family. I am loving spending this time with them at this age. So sad to think about my baby starting preschool next yr or possibly this yr if he gets into a class.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Dd loved it! She went  2 mornings 2x a week.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did and it was a great decision.  He needed the socialization and I needed the break.  He's now in pre-k at almost 4 and learning like wildfire. 
  • I was a SAHM when DS was 2.5 and I did not send him.  I did preschool stuff with him at home (home schooled him for early preschool).

I will say I did this for financial reasons only. If it was in the budget, I probably would have had him go 1-2 times per week in the morning.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"