December 2010 Moms
Options

Invitation help

I made Bishops baptism invitations online. I'm not sure if its common with you guys but over here we usually put the godparents names on the invites.

Soooo...I made a boo boo. For one of the godmothers I put her maiden name instead of her married name. I've been friends with her since we were 12 and I've never needed to use her married name before. It just slipped. Oops. So what should I do?

Order new ones? I got these on sale and the sales over now so that would suck having to pay full price.

Tell my friend and see if shes offended? I'm sure she'll say to just use the invites but the rest of the family will notice and probably think I'm stupid.

Wait for another sale? But who knows when that'll be.

Is there another option?

Re: Invitation help

• Options
    Oh no!  It's a honest mistake though, and I know she'll understand so definitely just talk to her.  She wouldn't want you spending more money to fix it.  Besides, everyone will be ohhing and ahhing over cutie B anyway!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am kind of particular about names being right, so I would probably reprint with the correct name. Bummer about the sale though!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would probably call my friend and say in a dramatic tone, "Oh my gosh! You're not going to believe what I did on B's invitations!  I totally messed up and accidentally put your maiden name instead of your married name.  I feel like an idiot!"   She'll likely laugh and say, "Don't worry about it!"   And then I'd say, "I was wondering if I should re-order them?"  And I'm sure she'll say no.

I'm a stickler for correct names too, but for my wedding invitations, I had to write "Mr. and Mrs." for a friend who didn't take her husband's last name.  The envelopes were a weird shape and I couldn't fit the proper names.  I apologized and she was totally fine with it. She knows I know her name! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageStrunella:

I would probably call my friend and say in a dramatic tone, "Oh my gosh! You're not going to believe what I did on B's invitations!  I totally messed up and accidentally put your maiden name instead of your married name.  I feel like an idiot!"   She'll likely laugh and say, "Don't worry about it!"   And then I'd say, "I was wondering if I should re-order them?"  And I'm sure she'll say no.

I'm a stickler for correct names too, but for my wedding invitations, I had to write "Mr. and Mrs." for a friend who didn't take her husband's last name.  The envelopes were a weird shape and I couldn't fit the proper names.  I apologized and she was totally fine with it. She knows I know her name! 

This is exactly what I would do  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    How long has she been married? If it has been over a year I'd look in to fixing it.......if a week eh, that is more forgivable and I'd just apologize to her and use them if she was ok with it.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I would probably have them re-printed. Maybe if you call where you ordered them from and explain they will honor the original discount? GL!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"