Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

I'm a DAD!!!

Fellas!

I have to tell you, it was nice being in the Dad-To-Be category, but joining the Dads is pretty awesome and I'm crazy stoked! My son was born last Wednesday, 9/19 (two days early) and it was a rough ride getting him out, but he is here and he is awesome!

The wife ended up having an emergency c-section which through us for a loop and the recovery has taking some getting use to, but she is a champ. I planned on working 1/2 days once my son came and after my campaign closed, taking a few weeks off, but with the c-section I'm needed at home much more and the job is kind of understanding...but at the end of the day my family comes first.

So far, my kid is super small and doesn't do much. But in the moments were I rock him to sleep in the glider (even though I'm reading a book) or the few times where he is actually up and I can prop him on my legs facing me and we make faces....those times are awesome and knowing that it's going to only get better makes every day crazy amazing.

AND I'm saying this after not sleeping at all last night and dealing with butt holes at work today. But I'm taking the rest of the week off and going right into my paternity leave...three weeks with my boy!!!

WHOA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm a DAD!!!

• Options

Congrats!  Enjoy the time with your son!

I'm really looking forward to what you are feeling right now, but I've still got a long ways to go. 

• Options

I am really excited for you, man.  Congrats to you, the wife, and baby boy.  It really is magical, isn't it?

I think the best part of being punch drunk from the lack of sleep is that all three of us were acting the same way for a few days...like a newborn:-)

Enjoy that first week, Jacob is in his 4th week and he is already so different from that first week....they really do grow fast!

Have you had the tunnel vision moments yet, where you are holding him and it becomes so intimate and personal your house could be on fire and you would not even notice it? That is my favorite time with the boy.

Again, very happy for you, man!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats David! I can't even imagine the feelings you are experiencing right now! As you were, I am enjoying the Dad-To-Be title.

I was curious if that is why you had been MIA- figured you were spending that quality time with your son!

Keep us updated on your progress and I wish your wife a speedy recovery! Enjoy this time with your family, sir!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mazal tov!  I'm still enjoying the Dad-to-Be title, but I'm very excited for January to roll around to meet my kid.
  • Options

imageWillicus:
    Mazal tov!  I'm still enjoying the Dad-to-Be title, but I'm very excited for January to roll around to meet my kid.

When is your wife's due date? We are the 11th!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRockyTopVols:

imageWillicus:

When is your wife's due date? We are the 11th!

January 7.  Though, if the kid's anything like me, she'll be 2 weeks late. 

• Options
    Congratulations! Can't wait for you to get some pics up of the little guy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations man!!!!!   Glad to ear every one is doing well,  Enjoy every minute you can 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  Sorry things didn't go quite as you expected, but the end result came out OK and that is the most important part!  Enjoy your time with your son, as he'll be changing on what seems to be a daily basis.
  • Options
    Congratulations!! My baby is one month old and 2 days old. She is amazing!
  • Options

Congrats! My wife is due in 3 weeks with our second boy! We also just agreed to purchase a home in 7 weeks, so needless to say im going to be extremely busy for rest of the calendar year.

Anyway nothing is like the time spent bonding with your child. Enjoy every second of it and I know every second includes not gettin enough sleep but it is so worth it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"