Two Under 2
Options

Breastfeeding

I breastfed my son until about 6 months old, and I'm planning on breastfeeding this baby as well, hopefully longer! Since my son will only be 18 moths old when the little one gets here, it's only going to be a year between him getting the boob, and her getting the boob. I'm assuming he's going to be jealous.

What was your experience with your older breastfed child's reaction to the new sibling breastfeeding? And how did you deal with it?

Re: Breastfeeding

• Options
    I breastfed my DD until I got pregnant pretty much about 8 months. She has zero issues or memory with seeing my DS feed. By 16 months when DS was born she hadn't even had a bottle in 4 months.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    it was less than a yr for dd and she showed no interest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After a yr of not breastfeeding they forget how to latch.  If he is asking you can always let her try.  When he is unable to latch, he will probably loose interest.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    There was only 6 months off for me and my toddler was a year old when we weaned, he has not been jealous or cared that lo nurses. He was also VERY attached to bfing so I thought it would be a problem but it wasn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    DS2 weaned himself completely 2 months before DS3 was born. He hasn't been jealous at all and will tell me "Baby eating" if he sees me nursing.
  • Options
    I nursed DS1 til 14 mos and DS2 was born when he was 22 mos. He didn't seem to remember anything about it, and hasn't shown a bit of interest.
    We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD1 breastfed until 14 months and I immediately got pregnant with DD2. When DD2 was born I offered DD1 to nurse as well and she had no interest at all and had NO jealously issues especially when it came to breastfeeding. They are best friends now...DD2 is still breastfed on demand and I'm 5 weeks with 3.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had babies 13 months apart and had always planned on just nursing both of them. But, I lost my milk halfway through my pregnancy. I tried to nurse and bottle feed but my daughter slowly lost interest. And when the baby got here she was interested but just couldn't figure it our again. She was never jealous or mean about it so for me that wasn't an issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I breastfed DD until I was 4 mos pregnant with DS. Even though there was only a short time between her self weaning and ds being born, shes never had any memory or jealousy attached to it. She has never gone for the boob or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • Options
    My son hadn't nursed in 4 months by the time I had my daughter.  He was incredibly interested in nursing so once she would finish a feeding if he was still interested I'd let him try to nurse.  DD has been on hypoallergenic formula since April and DS still asks to nurse once a week--he never figured out how to latch again but I think he likes the comfort of being held close.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"