Pregnant after 35
Options

Wonderful u/s nuchal screen! It's a boy?!

Hi ladies! Today was so exciting, and exhausting...first my sweet, loving, attentive DH forgot today was the day, although we've talked about it everyday, sometimes several times a day, for the last month. Not too long of a wait, horrible finger prick (small price to pay), and then the most beautiful baby I've ever seen! Nuchal space was 1.1, which is excellent, nasal bone was there, and the little guy was rolling and bouncing everywhere. I just wanted it to last forever. Technician said do you want to know the sex...we were like yes, but you really can't tell yet. She said yes I can ( I am also measuring a little big, 13 weeks 3 days, but I am 12 weeks 3 days) She showed up the straight up little spot, and said she was sure that is a boy. So...guess we will wonder if she is right and get confirmation in another month or so. I really didn't care, it was just marvelous to watch the baby move around :) 

Now if only my exhaustion and nausea would go away. I've been able to eat more lately, but then get an aftermath of indigestion.

I'm so glad to see so many ladies from TTCA35 here, and excited to see your progress :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wonderful u/s nuchal screen! It's a boy?!

• Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations, and there is NOTHING more entertaining than getting to watch your baby move around! (I admit this is one reason I am doing the NT--I want to see my baby!) It will be interesting to see if the tech is right and you have a boy.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    YAY!  Congrats on a great U/S!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's wonderful news! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Woohoo! Congrats on a great scan today!

Me:40 AMA, DH:36 0% morph, TTC#1;
    BFP#1 4/2011, MMC 6/2011 11wks Trisomy 13;
    BFP#2 11/2011, CP
    FSH: 17.9, AMH: 2.2
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: ER 4/3: 5R,4M,4F
    ET 4/6 All 4 (1-8A+, 2-8A-, 1-3A) BFP#3
    Two weeks of beta hell = Blighted Ovum
    IVF#2 Aug/Sept: ER 8/27: 4R,3M,3F
    ET 8/30 (1-8A+, 1-6A+)
    Beta#1 9/10: 350; Beta#2 9/12: 796; Beta#3 9/20: 9155
    Expecting Boy/Girl Twins! My babies were born 4/23/13 at 36w1d!

• Options
    Congrats on a great scan! Boys are usually pretty hard to get wrong, I do have a friend that was told she was having a girl her entire pregnancy only to have a boy, err not sure how that happened.
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Great NT results! Congratulations!

I don't know about you, but it's after the stellar NT scan that finally I felt confident that LO was going to be OK. It was such a relief, and it's at that time that we finally told extended family and friends our good news. We still did all the other necessary testing, but confidence was pretty high that those would have equally good results.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options

Excellent news and good to know the little one was performing well for you!
    Congrats!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I bet the tech is right.  They can usually tell at this point especially if it's a boy....with my daughter, I saw absolutely nothing between her legs at the NT scan (although the tech didn't say anything), so I figured she was a girl.  And I was right (granted I had a 50/50 shot either way lol).

Melissa

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Options
    Thanks you guys! I do feel more confident, and ready to tell the in laws this weekend. Time to start thinking of boy names!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"