Delaware Babies
Options

fertility friend

I just joined fertility friend. I'm going to start charting. I feel like its the logical next step because AF arrived this morning.

I'm totally OK with that, it means I'll get to drink at the wedding i'm going to this weekend, but i'm still very ready to get pregnant.

Re: fertility friend

• Options
    Fertility friend is definitely the way to go.  Are you temping and/or using OPKs?   Free version will give you everything you need, but if you're interested, they run specials through Facebook to give you a year VIP for $24 or so (which is a big discount).  VIP just gives you more analysis features.
  • Options
    That's good to know! I am currently using OPK's and checking CM. I am going to start temping too though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used/ liked fertility friend.  Good Luck this month.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oh yeah I use those wondfos! ha
  • Options
    Explain fertility friend to me please...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

fertilityfriend.com

They have tutorials and things, but basically it's for charting your cycles and determining your ovulation date.  Most people take their Basal Body Temperature with a special thermometer (Basal Body Temp Thermometer) which you can pick up pretty much anywhere -- Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.  It's just like any other thermometer except it goes to the hundreth degree (97.65) so it's more accurate.  You take your BBT at the very beginning of the day, like when your alarm goes off, before you even get out of bed.  This base temp is entered into fertility friend every day, and in some cases you'll see a dip, and then a spike in your temps, which indicates ovulation (3 days or risen temps usually mean ovulation).  Although everyone is a little different, sometimes you don't get a dip or spike, but regardless, all you do is enter the temp every AM and fertility friend figures out the rest.

Like pp said, you can also track cervical mucus (CM) and add those factors into the tracker and it takes that into consideration to give you more accurate results.  What I mentioned earlier is that I also use Ovulation Predictor Kits, little sticks you pee on like pregancy tests that show lines. For my brand, if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line, it's positive for ovulation.  That means your body is producing HCG hormone and ramping up to ovulate. So once your OPK is positive, you might hit your O date within 24 hours or so.

Confused yet?  LOL, sorry I charted since Feb and was obsessed!  Oh and FF makes an app, so it's even more convenient to do this...

Check out fertilityfriend.com and then look at the tutorials because they're super helpful!

/rambling

• Options
    imageRaquellyo:

fertilityfriend.com

They have tutorials and things, but basically it's for charting your cycles and determining your ovulation date.  Most people take their Basal Body Temperature with a special thermometer (Basal Body Temp Thermometer) which you can pick up pretty much anywhere -- Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.  It's just like any other thermometer except it goes to the hundreth degree (97.65) so it's more accurate.  You take your BBT at the very beginning of the day, like when your alarm goes off, before you even get out of bed.  This base temp is entered into fertility friend every day, and in some cases you'll see a dip, and then a spike in your temps, which indicates ovulation (3 days or risen temps usually mean ovulation).  Although everyone is a little different, sometimes you don't get a dip or spike, but regardless, all you do is enter the temp every AM and fertility friend figures out the rest.

Like pp said, you can also track cervical mucus (CM) and add those factors into the tracker and it takes that into consideration to give you more accurate results.  What I mentioned earlier is that I also use Ovulation Predictor Kits, little sticks you pee on like pregancy tests that show lines. For my brand, if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line, it's positive for ovulation.  That means your body is producing HCG hormone and ramping up to ovulate. So once your OPK is positive, you might hit your O date within 24 hours or so.

Confused yet?  LOL, sorry I charted since Feb and was obsessed!  Oh and FF makes an app, so it's even more convenient to do this...

Check out fertilityfriend.com and then look at the tutorials because they're super helpful!

/rambling

Thanks for explaining! I peed on sticks last time (in fact, I believe our LOs are about the same age) but I was just thinking about trying something else too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"