3rd Trimester

Strange sharp pain on the right side of belly button?

I'm 28 weeks along, and I'm having really abnormal sharp pains above my belly button, but on the right side of my stomach.
it hurts alot when I press down on it.
I tried massaging it, but nothing seems to help.

It hurts quite a bit when I sit up, lie down, or stand straight up.
It's a really sharp stabbing feeling. Never felt it before.

I don't know wither I should call my Midwife about it or not.
I don't want to freak out about it, if it's just a muscle spasm or something along those lines.

Any advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Strange sharp pain on the right side of belly button?

• I had something similar last week. I called to ask about it and they said it sounds like he was hitting a nerve or pulling on a ligament. But if you are concerned, I figure it lest hurt to call for reassurance.  

BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with DS.. I went in and they couldn't find anything. It was just the way he was sitting and it stopped after a few days.

If it persists for you, I would call your OB.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Loading the player...
  • My first thought is RLP, but because you said it is tender when you press on it, I am also thinking maybe your appendix? I would call your doc/mw and ask them if they think you should come in. If it is your appendix, you don't want to leave it and have it get worse, kwim? Good luck!
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • I had a similar pain around 28w and was told it was likely round ligament pain. Calling and asking if you're concerned is perfectly fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it really hurt to push down on my bellybutton a few weeks ago, but it only lasted a day or two.  It was right after a baby belly growth spurt so I think it was just muscle pulling apart a bit.  I told my OB at my next appointment and she wasn't concerned since it did go away. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"