Parenting after a Loss
Options

Two month well check!

All went well today.. my poor little babe got 3 shots -- broke my heart seeing him scream in pain :-(  This Momma wanted to cry right along with him!!

He weighed in at 13.2lbs and 23 1/2" long.. 50% for both height and weight!  Which is great, considering I was worrying that I've been feeding him too much since he's eating 35+ ounces of formula per day!  Our Ped actually recommended adding a tablespoon of rice cereal to each bottle to help him feel "fuller" for longer.  Plus, it will also help with his reflux issues.

Also asked about a birth mark I found on him a few weeks ago.. she said it's called a Cafe Au Lait spot.. she said just having one is nothing to worry about but to make sure we keep an eye out for more and if we see anymore to definitely give them a call.. of course, I came home and searched Dr. Google - I swear I should block google from my computer!!

Other than that, all went well :)  Ped was still optimistic that we should be "heading out" of the colicky phase.. OJo is 10 weeks now.

Poor little guy is running a low grade fever right now.. I'm getting ready to run to CVS and pick up some infant tylenol.. he's not super fussy yet.. but, I want to make sure I have some on hand in case he gets a little fussier come bed time.. poor guy.. was a rough day for him!! Needles are no fun!!

That's my update =)

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!

Re: Two month well check!

• Options
    Glad all went well. It sounds like your little one is gaining well. The two month shots were the worst for my DD. Maybe it's because I knew what to expect at the four month shots?? Infant tylenol was our friend for shots!
  • Options

I think there's something to that -- with regards to knowing what to expect next time!  I did not expect him to bleed!  Like, maybe a pin prick of blood, but when I looked down, he had a good amount coming from the injection site, which then made me feel even more sad for him :(  The only good thing.. at least now I know what his "in pain" cry sounds like.. I've never seen him cry like that.. and, Owen does his fair share of crying at home!! This was much sadder :(

We've managed to not give him any tylenol.. the Ped actually said if we can do without than that's better.. recent studies have shown tylenol can interfere with the immune response after injections.. 

How long should I expect the low grade fever to last?  Will it/should it be gone by the morning??

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageesd:
    Ditto to what your pedi said. From my research, it's best not to give anything. His fever should be gone by the morning. If he'll let you just give him extra snyggles.

This is definitely what he wants.. but, it's very hard as Mommy has a terrible cold herself!! He got extra snuggle time from Daddy earlier.. but, has been waking up crying every hour or 2.. not to the point where I have to pick him up.. just have to go in there, rub his belly a little and stroke his cheek and he'll fall back to sleep.. so not like my little guy to not sleep well :-(

As for the immune response thing -- I believe, it, too.. as a sciency person myself, it makes complete sense.. tylenol will dampen the immune response (thus diminishing inflammation).. that's the opposite effect you want when it comes to vaccines.. you want the immune response to run wild in order for your body to build that tolerance.. just tough feeling him so warm!  His fever was only around 100 earlier, but he's a little heat box to begin with, so the increased temp makes him feel SO much hotter!!

If I wasn't so sick myself, I'd totally bring him into bed with me and DH.. just so I could love and snuggle him all night.. 

• Options
    Great stats and poor little baby, I hate shots.  We too added cereal to the formula for reflux, we also made it more concentrated so that it was heavier and there were moe nutrients that he kept down, so for a 5 oz bottle we would use 3 scoops of formula (or 3 oz of liquid) and then a tbsp of rice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad you had a good appt.! Shots are the worst. I totally cried when DD got hers yesterday.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"