Blended Families
Options

Kids Rules On Divorce

6:30 PM tonite on ABCFamily channel. The damn add alone made me cry. I think I can hold up my end. I hope H can hold up his.

Re: Kids Rules On Divorce

• Options
    Did it seem a little rehearsed to you? Like some of the things the kids were saying sounded coached. But once they started talking for a bit, some interesting things came out....such as: "please make sure I can see both of you an equal amount of time." or "understand that I never wanted the divorce and I don't like this."
  • Options
    I did not see it but I would guess if it was not scripted the kids probably took a few takes and by then it would look rehearsed. I think the idea of the show is good.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't get to see it, would have liked to have recorded it for DH and BM though!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageholly71087:
    I didn't get to see it, would have liked to have recorded it for DH and BM though!

and you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePhantomgirl:

imageholly71087:

and you!

well like I said, I didn't see it, so I don't know if it was geared towards step-parents, or more just the children's feelings on the divorce.  sometimes I think BM and DH forget that SD is just an innocent child.  I'm merely a bystander in the respect that I don't make major decisions, and have very little input in the raising of SD, aside from being supportive of DH, and loving of SD when she is at our house.  

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Littlejen i meant some phrasing and language didn't seem age appropriate, as if coached by an adult. But once they let the kids talk for a while, their own ideas started flowing and that was interesting to hear.
  • Options

I didn't get to see it.

Ironically enough H and I had a discussion about divorce instead.

Go figure.

• Options

If you missed it, you can see it on HBO on Demand under documentaries. We watched it and some of the phrasing did seem a lot more like grown up talk. The biggest thing I came away with is that if you are living with your spouse and you have kids, becareful, they hear things when you fight and think they are asleep.

I always disagreed with the notion of "staying together for the sake of the kids" because I thought not having a true loving marriage to TEACH your kids was very harmful. This documentary, for me, reinforced that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"