Dads & Dads-to-be

so psyched

my wife and i went for our first ultrasound this afternoon, and everything went perfectly! she will be seven weeks tomorrow, which confirms that our little baby was conceived on our wedding night last month, making this even more special. we were able to see the little baby's heartbeat on the monitor, and then WE GOT TO HEAR IT!!! it was so amazing; it's a feeling that is really impossible to describe. i know, and have always known that i wanted to have a family, and my wife has wanted to be a mother since she was very, very young. we are in an excellent position to start a family, and have INCREDIBLY supportive friends and family. i just wanted to share my elation with all of you. i'm obviously very new to fatherhood; ergot, i'm new to this site, so i'm still figuring my way around it. but i just wanted to share my joy as chelsea and i embark on the next beautiful chapter of our life together.

nick 

Re: so psyched

• Nick,

Congrats and welcome to the forums. You have a lots to be psyched about and many more things to get psyched about to come.

- Kurt 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome Nick!  As a father of one, with another on the way, I can say fatherhood is awesome.  We have a pretty great group of guys here, if you have any questions, want to vent, or just connect with some dads, or soon-to-be dads this is a great place to do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome!

My wife and I are expected our first as well! My wife will be 23 weeks along on Friday... man, does it fly by so fast. It seems like yesterday we were getting that first ultrasound confirming she was pregnant at 8 weeks. I remember the sheer terror that passed through me! Was I truly ready? How would this work? And I remember thinking that this whole thing would go by so slow and January 11 (our due date) was so far away...

Then I woke up and we are more than half way done and half way through September. Holy crap. It is going by so fast and it is coming faster than I could have imagined. The holidays will only make it go by faster. We now know we are having a girl, have a name picked out for her, I can now feel her as well. We have parenting classes, breastfeeding class, CPR class, etc etc that happen in Oct, Nov, and Dec.. it just is going to fly. We are touring a few daycare centers this week and next. We start prepping the nursery next week. Eeek.

Keep us updated with everything! Enjoy the ride!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seeing your excitement here reminds me of those first weeks and hearing the heartbeat for the first time. Cherish those moments, because from here on out things will move fast and you will want to look back on these moments as you move from trimester to trimester. That heartbeat is something else, isn't it?

The only thing better is when your little one is born and you feel and see the heartbeat as you hold him or her!!! Don't worry...you will be there soon enough.

Enjoy being an expectant father!!!

• YAY!!!!!!!!! congrats thats the best. even better wedding night congrats again. many great years to come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"