TTC after 35
Options

new to charting

I am new to charting (2 weeks) and am now questioning the thermometer I am using.  My temps have been between 97.6 - 97.9 degrees.  I thought there would be a bigger range.  Is it more of a pattern that i am looking for?  Should I have bought a fancier thermometer?  So many questions!  TIA, S
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: new to charting

• Options

Everyone is different.  Look at mine below.  I was at 97.4 for a while  -  seemed to be a number I should have played on the lottery... LOL

You will get used to what is "normal" for you.  Temps are usually low until after you ovulate & many women have a dip in temperature before they ovulate.  After O they go up about 1 degree.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You can use a BBT thermometer, it has one extra digit, some people swear it makes a difference (I use a normal one, but I'm only on my 2nd month of charting). Make sure you take your temp at the same time every morning and after you've gotten plenty of sleep. I do mine at 5AM (then go back to sleep unless I'm going to the gym early then I just get up). Make sure your thermometer is right beside your bed so you don't have to do anything except maybe flip the light on. If you have to get up and go to the bathroom to get it, it could mess up your temps.

It's also a good idea to use a charting program like fertility friend of TCOYF.

Good luck with it. I find charting to be very addictive and empowering too.

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"