Snarky and T-TTC

Why exactly do we have fertile lurkers?

I'm being completely serious in this question. Why would anyone who doesn't have any issues conceiving lurk here? My sarcastic and not so sarcastic guesses include:

1. Their lives are so ecstatically happy that they feel the need to get their daily dose of pain

2. They want to feel better or more superior about their own fantastic lives

3. They like that most of the women here have been successful and therefore can feel less guilty about their own baby luck

4. It's always fun to watch the animals in the zoo

5. It's like a train wreck - you can't look away no matter how horrible it is

Are any of these close? Or is there another reason I completely missed? I'm genuinely curious, especially because I would have never even thought to look at these boards other than my lack of reproductive prowess.

Re: Why exactly do we have fertile lurkers?

• I often wonder that myself.  I think you are probably pretty spot on in your guesses. I just don't get people.
    TTC #1 Dx: severe MFI
    IVF with ICSI #1: BFP
    TESE for DH 08/09/09
    ER 08/09/09; ET 08/14/09; Beta #1 08/23/09: 150; Beta #2 08/25/09: 267
    TTC #2: FET #1: BFP
    ET 06/16/11; Beta #1 06/25/11: 282; Beta #2 06/27/11: 777
    First u/s: Twins! Baby A stopped growing @ 9 weeks, forever in our hearts
    TTC #3: FET #2: c/p lost at 4 weeks
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageJenny829:
    I often wonder that myself.  I think you are probably pretty spot on in your guesses. I just don't get people.

I agree.  Probably a combo of several of those choices. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I lurk occasionally.  I remember several of the ladies from way back on BOTB. I was lurking to keep up with their stories. Over the years I have followed stories on here from ladies who joined after.  If it matters I lurked from the beginning.  I guess it doesn't make me any less creepy. 
  • Dip, that's really harsh of you. Remember, you don't know their Lyfe. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lurk and I am not fertile by anyone's markers. I just like to read different boards every now and then.
  • imageScoop77:
    I lurk and I am not fertile by anyone's markers. I just like to read different boards every now and then.

This. Don't you ever just click and read on a board that doesn't specifically pertain to you? I do all the time...as evidenced by my post here...

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I lurk because I am having trouble TTC, and only slightly snarky.  But because I am T-TTC, I am not sure if I fall into this category you are referring to.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ticker warning.

This is the first time I came to this board, but I do lurk on IF because my bff struggled for years, went through various treatments, and finally is KU after her IVF round in May.  I just want to try to understand what she's going through so I can be a better friend, and I know there's things she doesn't or can't say, but I feel I gain insight from the infertility boards.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I suppose I was lurking but I am no where near fertile. Took me 9 years to get pregnant. I just wanted to see other peoples story. Its still a shock to me that I am pregnant
  • also I wondered what the hell snarky meant lol
  • imagektrnmiller:
    also I wondered what the hell snarky meant lol

This.  I am so intrigued by the "snarky" part of the title of this board (since I find the 1st trimester board to be plenty snarky without it being in the title) that I had to check it out.  I'm definitely not trying to spectate on people's TTC struggles.  

• My guesses are:

1. They don't know what TTTC means (you can't imagine the # of PMs I've gotten about that)

2. They don't know what snarky means

3. They don't know what makes this board different enough to "deserve" its own board, as its history is being more and more lost in the mists of time

• imageUberBiz:

imageScoop77:
    I lurk and I am not fertile by anyone's markers. I just like to read different boards every now and then.

This. Don't you ever just click and read on a board that doesn't specifically pertain to you? I do all the time...as evidenced by my post here...

No, I actually don't. I have too much going on to even read this board! (And yes, I should be spanked. Any takers?)

I was shocked to hear that the 1st tri board was snarky? I never thought they were particularly snarky... but maybe this board is losing it's touch. So sad.

• imageDr.Loretta:

My guesses are:

1. They don't know what TTTC means (you can't imagine the # of PMs I've gotten about that)

Sorry, I'm a fertile "lurker" who didn't know what TTTC meant. (I am TERRIBLE with acronyms.) I was in the mood for snarky, though.

• imageNicolewinsbingo:
    Ticker warning.

This is the first time I came to this board, but I do lurk on IF because my bff struggled for years, went through various treatments, and finally is KU after her IVF round in May.  I just want to try to understand what she's going through so I can be a better friend, and I know there's things she doesn't or can't say, but I feel I gain insight from the infertility boards.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageNicolewinsbingo:
    Ticker warning.

**********Matthew 1.8.06 - Connor 7.17.08 - Alexis 2.16.13 ************

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• This is my first time on this board and I saw this right away!

I have two friends who are TTC and a lot of the time I am at a loss for words/don't know what to say when they go through the rollercoaster of emotions of being pregnant for 5 weeks and then having to start all over again. "I'm sorry" just loses its ring after the first few times.

I was hoping I would find posts that might help me communicate with them in a more light-hearted way sometimes. But I can see how you would think any of the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"