Adoption

Never realized *this* waiting would be so bad

Luckily, my IF struggles haven't taken me to some dark places, such as blocking every pregnant friend on FB, or not attending baby showers.  But a few months ago, I do remember reading someone's post, someone matched with an e-mom, frustrated waiting for the baby to be born, and I thought to myself, "if only that was my biggest worry" wishing I was at that point in my adoption journey.  Well, now I feel bad for thinking that, because that's where I am right now...however, I will say, I am mostly going crazy worrying about if this baby is healthy, and if e-mom will have a smooth delivery.

She was supposed to go in to get checked last Friday night, possibly to see about getting induced, but that didn't happen.  Her daughter ended up with a fever.  Now that it's back to the work week, she has too many obligations to check into the hospital (kind of crazy to think about it this way).  She is just waiting for it to happen naturally.  Deep down, I do believe it will and I pray everything is alright, but it's so hard not to worry, especially when she estimated her due date at 9/15.  I have to believe that is not actually the right EDD but again, we have no way to know.

Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Never realized *this* waiting would be so bad

• Just replied to this same situation in your post in the check-in below! But again- I'm sorry she didn't get checked; that must be so hard to get your hopes up just to have it not happen.  I bet you are just on pins and needles. I pray the baby comes when he or she is ready and is brought into the world in perfect health.  You will love the baby no matter what. 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry it hasn't happened yet.  I agree, her EDD must be off.  I'm going to pray that she has some time to get checked soon...it really is in her best interest, not just the baby!  Patience is so hard in situations like these, I'm thinking of you!

• Loading the player...
  • One of the hardest things about adoption is coming to terms with the fact that you can't control the early part of your child's life/pregnancy.  I believe most of us come to terms with the idea that we won't be biologically related to our child much more quickly and easily than that another person will be making health decisions for our child before we have any real/legal say in the matter, and that in those formative days/months/years, those choices can impact our children's entire lives.

The best I can tell you is to have faith that the same forces that led you to choose adoption as a way to build your family and brought you this far will be at work in carrying you the rest of the way.  Whatever comes, you will be able to handle, one step at a time.

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"