December 2010 Moms
Options

I'm being attacked by my child...

Over the past week or so, Alexander has developed an intense taste for my flesh.

Before he goes to bed, for either nap or bed, he starts to bite me as I change pajamas, or read a book, or just snuggle.  And it's not one bite, it's like it's his mission to bite me.  He is lunging at whatever part of me he can get, mouth wide open.  I pull him away, but then he bites at my arms, hands, anything near him.  He is biting extremely hard. Yesterday, just to get him to release my skin I had to push him away from me really forcefully which got him so upset.  I feel like a bad mom because I am using all of my strength to get him off of me!

He doesn't do this with anyone else but me.  In the past, when he has bitten or hit, all I have had to do is hold his arms firmly at his sides, and say, No! Absolutely NO BITING!  This is not working this past week. He just bites me as I hold his arms down! When he can't bite me, he starts pinching every part of me and clawing at my face.

His bottom canines are coming in. I don't know if it's connected. 

Anyone else experience this? Is this a phase? Is there another method of discipline I can try? Is he a zombie now and I should just give up?

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg

Re: I'm being attacked by my child...

• Options
    I'm sorry I LOLed at the zombie part. Asher gets a little crazy sometimes and tries to scratch out my eyes. DD never did this, so I'm just going to chalk it up to boys being wild. I've had to put him in his room to chill out. He gets mad and kicks at the door, but he relaxes after just a few seconds. When he comes out, I tell him "no biting", make him say sorry and give me a hug / kiss. I just can't get him to listen while he's flailing, so that is what worked best for us. Good luck! I hope he stops trying to eat you soon!
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We havn't had to deal with the biting, but the flailing, kicking, screaming, clawing at my eyes is a daily battle the past almost 2 weeks. He's been not feeling 100% so I'be kind of blamed it on that. But seriously I'm just not strong enough sometimes to even get him dressed. I have been just walking away from him when he acts like this. I then make him talk to me with words and ignore the tantrum/whining. It seems to work most times, but that's just for now. I'm sure it will all change again in a few days ;)
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Jackson went through a phase when he tried to hurt me too.  Biting, pinching, hitting, pulling hair.  I tried a few things....but what worked was an instant time out.  I used a chair in the corner of the dining room.  It was completely silent in there and I took him there right away every single time.  I would kneel in front of him with my arm like a seat belt keeping him in.  I would turn my head away so I couldn't make eye contact.  Then I would say sternly.  No biting.  No biting momma.  Two minutes.  Then when two minutes were up.....I would tell him no biting....etc....and make him give me a hug

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"