Dads & Dads-to-be

Life as foster parents update

Well, we moved the 9 month old in and are surviving. Baby M made the adjustment really well, which is good for us, but sad for him bc it means that he hadn't really attached much to the adults in his life. We had a pretty crappy night last night due to him teething and his allergies. Here's hoping tonight goes better. 

We met his bio-parents tonight. Dad seemed rather nice and actually interacted with us by asking questions etc. We are nearly 100 percent Mom was high as a kite. So sad. Who knows what will happen to this kid or how he'll come out.

Our two foster daughters have made the transition to having a baby in the house rather well. The 6yr old is having a bit of a time bc she isn't that baby anymore. She isn't getting all the attention and that annoys her. The 12yr old is just giving us loads of attitude and we have caught her in several lies in the last three days so she's losing things left and right. There really isn't anything new about that though.

I feel like I haven't quite figured out how to wash so many clothes and have a baby in the house and bc of it I had to wear the some wifebeater a few days in a row! Then again, this kid came with at least 30 sets of clothes plus outer wear (which is WAY more than kids normally come with). All of it had to be washed to help the kid transition better into our home....due to the smell of the other home. I feel like I'm floating in laundry.

And to top it off Baby M's social worker doesn't seem to understand that 3pm is a no go for visits bc I have to pick up the girls from school. Today the girls had a half day of school, then we did lunch, then to the park to meet one of their friends, took the baby to his visit, had the girl's picked up for theirs, then picked up the baby and then it was time to get the girls again. So tiring!

***Loss and success mentioned***
Me:34, Wife: 32
IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Life as foster parents update

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"