Birth Stories
Options

My 2 Hour Delivery

My beautiful baby girl arrived 5 days early, and only 2 hours after entering the hospital doors. Not bad for a first timer, huh?

My water broke on Sunday morning at around 8:30 am. I had spent the 2 days leading up to the event bouncing around on an exercise ball I borrowed from my mother (I highly recommend getting one of these FYI!) I started having contractions on Saturday, which were irregular but growing in intensity by Saturday evening. I lost my mucus plug throughout the entire course of the day (one glob after another. Gross, right?) When I awoke at 5 am, my contractions grew steadily more intense and increased from 20 minutes apart to 8 minutes apart while I was in the shower. When my water broke at 8:30 (with a very audible and distinct POP!), I called my OB's office and told them what had happened. My contractions were 5 minutes apart after I hung up the phone, and increased to 2 minutes apart during the 30 minute trip to the hospital. Bear in mind, my OB thought I was still in the early stages of labor. I was in intense, excruciating pain as we left the house and had decided I was done being brave and wanted the spinal as soon as we got to the hospital.

We checked in and headed to Labor & Delivery (by some coincidence the computer system crashed literally as I walked through the door). When the OB checked me, I was already 7-8 cm dilated and my bp was so high they ordered pre-e labs. After they decided they were going to admit me (good call on their part), they checked me before moving me to the delivery room, and I was fully dilated. There was no time for pain meds. They didn't even have time to place an IV.

By the time I got into the delivery room and in bed knowing I wasn't going to get any pain relief, I felt the intense urge to push. My body knew what to do, and with each contraction I barely felt any pain because I was so focused with each push. After 20 minutes of pushing, Ashley Jean was laying on my chest. She weighed 6 lbs 2.5 ounces and was 19 inches long. I have a small 2nd degree tear that was repaired with stitches.

I am still amazed at how fast the delivery went of my first child. I'm actually relieved I didn't have the option for pain medicine because I was interested in a drug free delivery as it was. We only stayed 1 night because thankfully my recovery was relatively easy and Ashley is an expert nurser. I couldn't be more thrilled by my birth experience.

Re: My 2 Hour Delivery

• Options
    What a wonderful birth story.  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats Mommy!  glad you and Ashley are doing so well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats! Sounds like you had it pertty easy like I did. My first time I had contractions at 9:45 and he was out by 10:55. This coming one I may just have on the side of the freeway.

Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I Hope my delivery goes as smooth as yours! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    I was so intrigued by your story, that's awesome no meds and in a short period of time. I'm getting a ball lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That's awesome!!  We should all be so lucky as you were...fingers crossed!!  Your little girl is beautiful and I'm so glad you are both doing well.  Congratulations Momma!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Wow, congrats on a speedy delivery!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"