Secondary IF
Options

Intro- I'm back :(

Well this pregnancy didn't work out either. So I've now had 3 losses, one in January a CP in April and this last loss at 7 weeks.

Now what??!?!?!?! Can anyone recommend the testing my husband and I should go through. My OB and RE want to do more extensive tests. I want to as well for peace of mind and to rule everything out. I honestly believe it's bad luck. My grandma had 2 miscarriages and my mom did too. I'm following in their footsteps which is my biggest fear!

What I'm so angry about this time around is that I miscarried the day before my sons 2nd birthday party! How horrible!!!!! We had to postpone it. I feel just so horrible for him. We have to go on with our happy faces and act normal for him when in reality I cry myself to sleep and not want to get up in the mornings.  

Well...I'll have to add back all this stuff to my siggy. I wan't super active the last time around. I'll try to be more so now. I really only on the bump at night time after DS has gone to bed. I do lurk from my phone but can't respond.  

Re: Intro- I'm back :(

• Options

i am so sorry about your losses.  I have had my share too.  I am sure since you are seeing an RE, but have they been checking your progesterone when you get pg?  My RE has me on P suppositories during each 2ww.  I know that they are supposed to help with m/c though of course it isnt fail safe.  i wish i could remember what b/w they ran on me after the loss of our twins.

What type of treatments have you done? maybe they need to get a stronger/more mature ovulation.    just a thought.

Anyway, i am sorry you are back, but hopefully you will find support here as i have.  

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options

I'm sorry about your losses, I can't imagine how hard it is to go through one loss let alone three. I would definitely talk to RE and do the tests he/she wants.  Those doctors specialize in IF issues which includes recurrent miscarriages.  Does your grandma and mom have any idea why they miscarried? 

I hope your stay here is really short!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had two losses and my Mom and Grandmother had them too. But I try and focus on the fact that medicine has advanced a lot. Thru testing they may be able to find out why this is happening. I did repeat pregnancy loss testing and it was something like 20 tubes of blood. Nothing came back for me. My Dr has me take one baby asprin per day. Sorry again for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks guys! This year has just been so crazy! At first we suspected a luteal phase defect and I did femara for 2 months but I hated it and developed a cyst. I just wasn't comfortable on the fertility drugs. So I ended that and just did acupuncture and got pregnant that very next month! What's even more crazy is that I totally ovulated on day 15 which I have never done. Progesterone this cycle looked good and my cyst went away. I love acupuncture and I'm only doing that, not looking for treatments. 

I just want some answers if possible.  We are prepared that we may not get any and it'll happen on it's own time.  Listening to my mom and grandma I'm a big believer in things happen for a reason. It's how I cope. This doesn't mean I'm not mad and upset, but I think after this loss I'm just resigned to the fact that it'll happen when it does. Both RE and OB have said go for further testing to be sure. I'm a little nervous they'll find something. And if they do, I hope it's treatable.

20 tubes of blood?!?!?! DH is going to pass out. Really, he does! he's so not going to be happy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"