Secondary IF
Options

Does your DH/SO go to appts with you?

I am feeling kind of 'alone' since DH didn't go to my first 2 appts with me for our FET cycle.  He is going to try to make it to a couple appts (hopefully the embryo transfer for sure).  I hate feeling like this is all on me..do your SOs go to appts?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Dx: Hypothalamic Amennorhea (Unexplained) DS #1: IVF #1 - Born: 3/15/10 TTC #2: FET Cycle #1: BFP 11/4/12(HPT) - Beta #1: 61.8 Beta #2: 60 :( Beta #3: 14 Natural M/C FET Cycle #2: ET: 2/13/13, BFP 2/20/13 (HPT) - Beta #1:9dp5dt(2/22/13) - 93.1 - Beta #2:12dp5dt - 543

Re: Does your DH/SO go to appts with you?

• Options
    There are so many appointments and we both work so he only goes when he is needed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Our RE is a 55min drive.  I am a SAHM and DH works, I get someone to watch DS whenever possible, but actually my son has gone to more appointments than my DH :(  

We can't make it make sense for him to drive all that way for what is usually a 15 minute u/s monitoring appointment.   

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I wish he could but his work is very inflexible and he works 1.5 hours from home and the RE is another 1.5 hours from there.  Last time he only came to transfer and the u/s at 7 weeks. 
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Nope. He works an hour away from the office and they're usually on a weekday morning. He will take dd to school while I go to the appt. He did one monitoring appt when I was cycling and that was on a Saturday. I have b/w tomorrow and I'm sure he won't go. It doesn't bother me most days. When I was on bcp and lupron apparently it bothered me because I got into it with him and told him all he had to do was masturbate. Poor guy!

ETA: DH will be there for the ET and the day of bedrest after.  I figure he should be in the room when I do get pregnant!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

He does when he can. But if he's not working, he's staying home with DS. My morning monitoring appts are between 645-8am, so I try not to wake DS if I can help it. 

Im actually my first IUI alone with month bc he'll be away on business. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I do daycare in my home and all my appointments are during the day when I have kids.  DH is my back-up care provider.  So when I have appointments, he takes time off from his job to cover mine.

I really wanted him to come to the initial consult appointment, and he couldn't which bothered me...but all the other appointments I have had I was okay going by myself.

However, I do understand the feeling of doing this alone.  They have a lot less responsibility when it comes to many fertility treatments and it leaves us feeling like we are doing everything ourselves.  Just remind yourself he's doing what he can and talk to him about what you are doing at each appointment. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I also wanted to add that if we were doing FET I would think he should be there for the transfer day.  I would also prefer he be there for the IUI appointments (figure it would be nice if we were at least in the same room when we conceive), but it just doesn't work...plus who knows how many cycles this may take for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

With DS, MH only went to the initial appointment, our IUIs and our ultrasounds once we got our BFP. All the other morning monitoring appointments I went to myself.

It will probably be similar this time around too although he would probably just come to the first ultrasound so he can watch DS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MPZ born June 2011
    TTC #2 ... Cycle 1-3: IUI = BFN | Cycle 4: IVF ... canceled but 3 snow babies
    Cycle 5: FET .. BFP! | EDD - 3/15/2014
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagejeannaqueena:

Our RE is a 55min drive.  I am a SAHM and DH works, I get someone to watch DS whenever possible, but actually my son has gone to more appointments than my DH :(  

We can't make it make sense for him to drive all that way for what is usually a 15 minute u/s monitoring appointment.   

This is me too.  If I can get a monitoring apt early enough, then DH will ride there with us and stay in the car with the boys/go to a coffee shop while I go in.  So far I have only done TI. I think for an IUI or ET I'd want him to be in the room too. 

But he makes a lot of money so I don't like to ask him to take too much time away from making billable hours.  With that said, I do get annoyed when he doesn't ask for updates after an apt. This shouldn't all be on me and if he isn't on top of what I have going on then I feel alone and angry.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagequeenbone:
    imagejeannaqueena:

This is me too.  If I can get a monitoring apt early enough, then DH will ride there with us and stay in the car with the boys/go to a coffee shop while I go in.  So far I have only done TI. I think for an IUI or ET I'd want him to be in the room too. 

But he makes a lot of money so I don't like to ask him to take too much time away from making billable hours.  With that said, I do get annoyed when he doesn't ask for updates after an apt. This shouldn't all be on me and if he isn't on top of what I have going on then I feel alone and angry.

ugh!  DH forgets to ask updates too!  Yesterday, (1 week from trigger shot) I told him I NEEDED him to get home.  He did get home running in the door asking if we were PG??  Ummmm shouldn't he know by now all about the 2ww, it was only 1 week past trigger not ovulation......it truly is all on us. 

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    There are so many appointments and we both work so he only goes when he is needed.
    Pretty much this
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My Hubby doesn't go to all of them. He goes to the ones where he is needed. Blood draws, sonograms for my follicle checks... No.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"