Maryland Babies

Prenatal exercise

Hi all!
I'm looking to find some prenatal exercise classes in Howard County. I've signed up for the prenatal exercise class at HoCo Gen Hosp.
I saw that Columbia Yoga offers prenatal tags for 18 a drop in class ouch! Has anyone been there that can offer some insight? Does anyone know of any other parental yoga places or any other general prenatal exercise classes. I'd also LOVE to find an indoor pool that offers prenatal aquatics or just low impact aquatic exercise. I'm guessing the weightlessness did I just make a word up? will be wonderful as I get bigger. I've only been in the area about 3 months now so any input is appreciated. Thank you!!

Re: Prenatal exercise

• I don't know of any specifically prenatal aquatic classes, but my guess is that almost any water fitness class would be appropriate (deep water may be tough to get the floatation belt on, eventually, so maybe that wouldn't be the best).  If you know how, you could also just swim.  Even 20 minutes at a super slow pace can feel really good and it can help to strengthen your aching back muscles.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The Y offers swimming classes such as Aquacize and Deep Water Jog.  They aren't specifically for pregnant women but they are easy enough to do when you are pregnant.  I think you can pay just for the swimming classes, but I am not sure because I have a membership.  The Y nearest to you would be the one in Ellicott City.

I take a Prenatal Yoga class in catonsville.  I absolutely love it!  It is 20 dollars per class or you can pay 60 dollars for 4 classes so you essentially get one class free.  The four classes can be as frequently or infrequently as you feel like going.  Here is a link to their website:

https://yogaformomsmd.wordpress.com/

https://yogaformomsmd.wordpress.com/about/

• Loading the player...
  • Great, this is helpful!  I looked into the Y in Ellicott City, it's not too far and they have a special going on now for no signing fee and no contract.  I'm thinking I might join for the next few months.  Even if just to take advantage of the swim.  They also have some yoga classes that might be helpful as well.  This is the part I hate about moving to a new state, it's so hard trying to start from scratch, even just finding the good grocery stores can be tough. ha ha, so I truly appreciate the feedback!! Thanks!!

• imageAmie678:

Great, this is helpful!  I looked into the Y in Ellicott City, it's not too far and they have a special going on now for no signing fee and no contract.  I'm thinking I might join for the next few months.  Even if just to take advantage of the swim.  They also have some yoga classes that might be helpful as well.  This is the part I hate about moving to a new state, it's so hard trying to start from scratch, even just finding the good grocery stores can be tough. ha ha, so I truly appreciate the feedback!! Thanks!!

Just ask here and we can tell you where the good grocery stores are :) I live in
    EC as well in the Dorsey's Search area so not too far from you. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Well, since you suggested it and I've got your attention : ...
    I live pretty close to Fresh Market so I frequent there and once a week or every other I hit up Wegmans for a more thorough experience. I heard Whole Foods is coming to Colimbia, true? I think the closest to me is Fleet St downtown.
    On another note I've been searching for places for my first baby, Sonny, my 2 yr old yellow lab golden retriever mix. Specifically any pet friendly places or parks for walking, running him, not me swimming. I'm also looking for a good place that offers doggy daycare and overnight boarding. I've found Camp Bow Wow but curious if anyone can recc any other places where my pooch will be safe and get some serious exercise playing with others.
  • Here is information on the Howard County Dog Park:  https://www.howardcountymd.gov/Departments.aspx?id=1917

There is also a Trader Joe's in Columbia.   In the shopping center where the Costco and Bust Buy are at the corner of 175 and 108.

• Awesome, thank you!! I stocked up at TJ's today. Worthington dog park looks good too. Now I just need to legalize my dog and get him licensed here. Thanks for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"