Oregon Babies
Options

Clomid

Hi ladies....I just started on clomid. Today is day 5 of my cycle. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a little over a year now. Both of us have gone in to get tested to make sure we were both functioning properly, and we are. My doctor started me on clomid as the next step.....I was a little skeptical at first, so I decided not to take it last month. However, this month I decided I may as well see if it helps us out.

Does anyone have any experiences or information they can share with me?

Thanks!!!

Re: Clomid

• Options

I'm not sure what information you're looking for, but it worked for us!  Smile 

We took two rounds of 50mg, and it didn't work.  The third round we took 100mg and that did the trick!  Symptoms were horrible, but completely worth it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Hi, welcome!  The "trouble ttc" board is a great resource for you to use, they know everything about fertility troubles over there.

Question: did your OB prescribe clomid to you?  Are you already having normal 32 day cycles (saw your ticker)?  Because I would be VERY careful with that.  If you are having 32 day cycles, you are probably O'ing, and clomid will just make you O more eggs... not necesarily a great thing.  What tests have you had done so far?  I would reccomend a sperm analysis, blood tests, and an HSG (ink through your tubes to see if they are clear) before starting Clomid.  You really should meet with an RE prior to taking meds... A lot of OB's hand out Clomid like it's candy, it's a serious drug that should be monitored with ultrasounds throughout your cycle.

I personally did 3 cycles of clomid last summer, it made me ovulate but didn't get me pregnant.  Everyone's different though.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you!  We tried for 2 years to get pregnant, it can be very frustrating and was the hardest thing I have EVER gone through, but it's worth it in the end when you see those two pink lines.

Good luck  : )

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for your response!

I have definitely been working with my OB!! My husband had the sperm analysis done over a month ago (came back normal). I had the HSG done as well (not a fun procedure at all). The doctor found that everything was normal so told me I could start the clomid to see if that helps us at all. I had been charting my cycles, etc. for the past year, so her opinion was that we were doing everything we were supposed to in order to get preggers. I am going in for a progesterone test on day 21 which is on the 12th of December.

So far my only clomid side effects were "hot flashes", I heard it could be worse, so I am happy with it thus far, my doctor said she would only have me take it for three months.....so thanks for your "good luck wishes".

Congrats on your baby to be, how exciting!!!

;-) Jennifer

• Options

Congrats on your great SA results, you're 1/2 way there!! 

So are you on 50mg?  I found that the hot flashes were worst around the time that I was supposed to O, up until AF arrived... it was HELL for me.  Hot flashes were awful and kept me up all night, I put on about 8 pounds each month in water weight so none of my clothes fit, and I had horrible acne.  It was not a lot of fun, that's for sure!  I literally had to get up and take cold showers in the middle of the night, even my eyelids felt like they were on fire!

Since you've been at it for a year, it's about time you meet with a Reproductive Endocrinolist (sp??), I love Brian Bankowski at Oregon Reproductive Clinic, in NW Portland.  Words to live by: OB's are experts at delivering babies, but RE's are experts at getting you pregnant!

How old are you?  Sorry to be so nosey... I always try to help people that are going through this, cause I remember very clearly how much it sucked!

• Options

Yes I am on 50 mg. I am just going to check this out for the next few months and see what happens.

I am an open book, so your questions certainly aren't nosey! I am 27 and my husband is 29. Smile

I like your idea of checking out another doctor....but will probably wait till after the first of the year. I will keep his name for future though.

Are you enjoying your pregnancy?

• Options

I love love love being pregnant!  The first trimester was slightly rough for me, I was just SO exhausted tired all the time.  But I love it.  Seriously, this makes me want to have a million kids, so I can be pregnant all the time!

Good luck with your trying!  My advice (and I know how awful this sounds) is to relax and try not to think about getting pregnant or having babies.  After our Clomid cycles didn't work, we decided to take a few months break from TTC.... so from October 2007 we didn't "try" anymore, I wasn't ovulating at all anyway and was having long 50+ day cycles, we just relaxed and got back into loving each other.  We planned a trip to Mexico in May and said we would start TTC again after we got back.  We went on vacation, it was amazing, and when we got back I made a Dr appt for July 10th.  Went in, met with the Dr, made a plan for some more testing, etc, I was supposed to call her when I got my period.  On July 24th I tested, and BFP!  Holy shiit I was SHOCKED!  I didn't even think I was ovulating!

Turns out I got pregnant on our 3rd wedding anniversary, June 26th... so it can and will happen, when it's supposed to.  Lots of baby dust to you and your DH!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"