Maryland Babies
Options

Nervous...

ok...so I booked my first apointment with Dr. Merryman-which I beleive a few peopl recommended here.  I am looking at reviews on line and while I know I should take these with a grain of salt I am worried....there are a few reviews that she's mean and has poor bedside manner...anyone have any feedback for or against this-I was really hoping to like her because searching high and low for a new doctor isn't something I want to be doing :( 
image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/

Re: Nervous...

• Options
    I understand and you do need to take things with a grain of salt. The doctor that delivered DS I loved and so have a few other people on here. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I liked his manner of not being too overbearing and talkative and he was nice while I was in labor and encouraged me through the pushing and the decels in heartrate we dealt with. That being said, there is a person here on the Bump that does not care for him at all saying he pushed her into a c-section and didn't give her a chance to labor. Obviously, everyone views certain situation different ways and the same is true for people. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKaybee44:
    I understand and you do need to take things with a grain of salt. The doctor that delivered DS I loved and so have a few other people on here. He's not everyone's cup of tea but I liked his manner of not being too overbearing and talkative and he was nice while I was in labor and encouraged me through the pushing and the decels in heartrate we dealt with. That being said, there is a person here on the Bump that does not care for him at all saying he pushed her into a c-section and didn't give her a chance to labor. Obviously, everyone views certain situation different ways and the same is true for people. 

I think the doctor Kaybee is talking about is the same doctor who delivered DS. He does get mixed reviews. I suspect many (most?) Dr's get mixed reviews so just wait and see! If you HATE her, you have plenty of time to switch.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

One thing I always remind myself of is that people are waaaaaay more likely to write bad reviews than neutral or positive ones. So I think online reviews, especially for doctors, are skewed unfavorably.

You are still early on in your pregnancy (congrats by the way!! Party!!! ) and have plenty of time to switch if she turns out to be jerky. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think so, SK. I like him but he did deliver my firstborn and relieved me of the pain I was in :)

I agree with remy that people are more likely to give negative reviews online.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Agreed in what everyone else has already said above. I don't like one of the Dr's at my practice, but several ladies on here loved him and its not the same Dr. they are mentioning above. You have to form you own opinions and you have plenty of time to shop around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know!  Thanks for the encouragement...I was so so comfortable with my other doctor the thought of even havinging someone else is causing some anxiety! 
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • Options

I am due next week and have seen Dr. Ginny Merryman this whole pregnancy. She came recommended to me by a dear friend who's mom is the head of L&D at GBMC. I switched dr's (right before I got pregnant) from Dr. Lenowitz in Bel Air who I felt was very dry and unpersonable. (3 of my very good friends go to him and LOVE him, but everyone is different and people look for different things in a dr. Also, I was looking to deliver somewhere other than Franklin Square.) Dr. Merryman is definitely no-nonsense but she knows her stuff. I have been happy there. I've also met with Dr. Allen twice, she's awesome too. She's a little more on the "friendly" side but I really am not saying that Dr. Merryman isn't friendly. They are a busy office and I typically have a bit of a wait at each appt, sometimes to have 3 minutes with Dr. Merryman but the staff is very kind and helpful and if I don't have any questions, there's really no reason to hang around and chat with her anyway... The staff is very kind, I can always reach someone when I have a question and they are quick to respond with results, etc... I am having a repeat c-section (delivered daughter in Charlotte, NC and she was breech) and I was nervous to find a new dr and hospital as I had a wonderful experience in North Carolina. My ONLY complaint is that driving from Bel Air to GBMC for every appt and having to pay for parking is a bit of a pain. But worth it to me to feel I am with a good dr. 

My friend who referred me to her just had her 1st baby in July, Dr Merryman delivered... She was induced after her due date and ended up having a c-section since she never progressed. She and baby are doing great and she speaks highly of Dr. Merryman since her c-section. Mine is scheduled for Tuesday AM 9/25 and I am very excited (and anxious!) I can certainly let you know my feedback on the experience after I have this baby.

Hope that helps!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can understand being nervous! 

Dr. Merryman is my OB, and I really like her.   She is definitely "no nonsense", but I don't mind that.   She gives it to me straight, which I like!

I was induced at 39 weeks due to losing too much weight at the end of my pregnancy (we thought it could be the placenta breaking down).   Dr. Merryman really made me trust in that decision, and I had a successful vaginal delivery of our daughter.   She was awesome during labor, and really encouraged me to keep going when it got tough.

You can always switch if you don't like her, but I think you will be ok!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"