LGBT Parenting
Options

QOTD

Favorite restaurant (anywhere AND in the place you live now)? Favorite thing to eat?

Re: QOTD

• Options

Anywhere: this place called Universal Diner in Brasilia. OMG the food. It's crazy. Favorite dish there: Steak au Poivre, but everything is delicious.

Close to home: Ten Tables. I've seriously never had anything there I didn't like. I can't even pick a favorite dish.

• Options
    imagethemommymonster:

Red Robin. Yum.

Food? Hm. I love, love pickles.

I don't think we have Red Robin in my area... Or at least I've never seen it. Sad

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a bit indecisive on favorite restaurants.... right now I'd really like either bacon mac and cheese from a place in the e village called s'Mac or potato waffles and chicken sausage from Sarabeth's yum brunch place in nyc. Flat top grill is a favorite I can't get here.

Or if we're talking fancier food smith and wollensky steak. Yum.
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options

Favorite restaurant is hard, I probably don't have one.  It shifts monthly as I am the type of person who goes out to eat, finds something I love, then wants to eat it over and over again.  This month it's been Cracker Barrel.

Favorite Food:  All things comfort.  Mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, egg casseroles.  Oh and I totally forgot, one I am not allowed to cook as it makes M sick is Corned beef and cabbage with potatoes.  I could eat it daily but she HATES it. I get to eat it when I go home or during the winter time and restaurants around here serve it. When I can't decide what I want I will default to a chicken caesar salad sandwich and tomato basil soup from La Madeline. 

A staple when we can't decide is generally sushi but that has been tabled for the next 4 months!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagethemommymonster:

Red Robin. Yum.

Food? Hm. I love, love pickles.

Such a good place to go eat.  Their fries are amazing and M will tell you that anyone that puts an egg on a burger is a flippin genius.  I am not a big red meat person but I love their chili cheese fries loaded with jalapenos. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I am all over the place..

Whiskey River Burger from Red Robin

Ginger Chicken from PF Changs

Honey Seared shrimp from Pei Wei

Prime Rib from a local place near us

clearly I need to go eat lunch!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have two -

THE YARD HOUSE  : They have a HUGE vegetarian selection and use gardien a Meat substitute. 

OSAKA - its a sushi place we have made friends with the Sushi chef and I love their garlic albacore shashimi ( i dont eat much raw fish but this is the best ) 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Japanese is a hit with both C and I, but my favorite around here is Plum Bistro and their cafe Sage. From Plum I love their Spicy Cajun Mac ?N? Yease and their seasonal veggie side. From Sage I love their Vegan Ruben. 

We recently went to Portland where there are tons of veggie/vegan places, so we'll be heading down there again soon to try more. We also went to Veggie Grill that just opened a location in Seattle recently, and I loved their buffalo wings and chocolate pudding parfait.

When we travel, I love to eat local so it varies place to place. Eating a vegan diet now certainly changes my options/selection, but I've been surprised at how much I can find, even in Mexico and other places where I had lower expectations. 

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, this is a hard one. I have a favorite taco place, a favorite burger place, a favorite seafood place...but I guess my current local favorite is a place called StripTs. Sounds scandalous but it's not, and the food is amazing.

I have had memorable meals at Cochon in New Orleans, Michael's Genuine Food in Miami, and lots of great places in the Bay Area and Boston area, but don't feel like I have enough experience to call them favorites.

Food: Cherries, all kinds of cheese, rabbit, skate with browned butter, bacon, sausage, Grade B maple syrup especially on buttermilk pancakes, extra points for blueberries, ice cream, most baked sweets, lobster, corn on the cob.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageball.and.chain:
    Food: Cherries, all kinds of cheese, rabbit, skate with browned butter, bacon, sausage, Grade B maple syrup especially on buttermilk pancakes, extra points for blueberries, ice cream, most baked sweets, lobster, corn on the cob.

I could have written this exact list. Rabbit and Grade B maple syrup? Get out of my brain!! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Favorite anywhere - is a place called the Old Mountaineers Cafe in New Zealand, where I had the best salad of my life.

Favorite where we live now - We haven't been here long, but we ate at a place called Bamboo Sushi for our 8th anniversary and it was probably the best meal we've had here so far. Most-repeated is the much, much cheaper Burgerville, a local chain that uses NW produce/products. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I really hate it when I start a response and my computer just eats it! Food is so awesome right now, ugh ... I just want everything!

Let's see ... one of my faves ever is in Paris, called Polidor.  Just a bunch of basic long tables running the length of the place, you get seated where you get seated.  AMAZING French home cooking, I really miss it.

In NYC where I grew up I love Flor de Mayo. Combination Cuban and Chinese.  It's interesting, but SOOO awesome (I've only eaten off the Cuban menu though).

Here in Minneapolis we have a lot of places we really like, but our go-to is called the Longfellow Grill.  Great beer on tap (oh beer, how I miss you), and really awesome food.  Comfort food with a flair. 

I've been trying really had to cut back to a normal range for a few years now, but Pasta and Sushi are my cryptonite.  I could eat both all day every day, and still have more for a midnight snack!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    imageleapgirl8:

imageball.and.chain:

I could have written this exact list. Rabbit and Grade B maple syrup? Get out of my brain!! 

I see we have some foodies.  My ridiculous list is forthcoming, but rabbit and Grade B maple syrup could easily be on mine too. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options

Favorite restaurant: this is weird, but honestly, Tortas Frontera at O'Hare.  I look forward to flying because the food is so good, and it's Rick Bayless quality without the high price of his "real" restaurants or the hike to River North.  If I'm traveling alone I'll even cheat on gluten and get a torta even though gluten turns me into a little bit of rage machine/anxiety ball.

Now that I've just complained about the 3 mile trip to River North, I'll add another that must be a favorite since it's an actual hike - Tank, a Vietnamese restaurant in the Argyle neighborhood in Chicago.  I can't even believe there's any debate in Chicago over which Vietnamese restaurant is best - Tank blows them all away on food despite having zero ambiance.  I'll happily ride the red line for 45 minutes on the day of a Cubs game to eat there, which is saying A LOT.

Memorable foods in far away places: I still dream about the beans and rice at this little place in Cahuita, Costa Rica, the tacos at this weird Mexican fast food joint in Hermosillo Mexico, Sonoran-style hot dogs from the food truck at 22nd and Country Club in Tucson (they're not still there, sorry everyone), and the roasted vegetable salad at Molly's in Hanover, NH.  I could eat every single thing at Fire and Water cafe in Northampton, MA as my only food until the day I die, but they closed over a decade ago.  I've had memorable dining experiences too, but it just doesn't do it for me the same way great food does.

This just in: I like food.

Favorite foods: pinto and black beans, beets, arugula, giant salads, Dulce de Leche Haggan Daaz, fish of all kinds (halibut!), lobster, tofu with broccoli and brown rice, burgers, chocolate chip cookies (I found good gluten free ones, thank goodness!), creme brulee, Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• Options

I do not know that I have a favorite restaurant! Can I combine foods from a variety of them to make one meal? I would say Bravo for their bread and dipping oil, this local Chinese place for their house dumplings, and a maple butter blondie from applebees or a gharidelli chocolate brownie from TGI Fridays.

I am partial to bread and cheese. Any kinds jsut in mass quantities.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have many, many favorite places to eat.  If I had to pick one, it would probably be a Hibachi place called Wasabi.  I absolutely love that place!  It's pretty much our go-to for any type of celebration.

Favorite food, I have lots.  Any type of comfort food.  Mashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, stuffing, dinner rolls (or any type of bread, really) chicken and turkey (in any form), pretty much any raw veggie, grapes, cherries, watermelon, ice cream.  Currently, I'm on a sandwitch/ wrap kick too.

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Options
    imagehlke:
    imageleapgirl8:

imageball.and.chain:

I see we have some foodies.  My ridiculous list is forthcoming, but rabbit and Grade B maple syrup could easily be on mine too. 

I prefer to refer to myself as a glutton. Big Smile

Leap, are you messing with me?  If not, creepy!

I am sort of obsessive about the maple syrup.  I like Grade B because it is more mapley, but I also think there is a slight bitterness that cuts the sweetness.

Also, this thread made me super hungry.  And I have spent all afternoon thinking about more stuff I would have put on my list if I'd thought of it (pretzel rolls! salted caramels! shrimp and grits! macarons!).  Obsessive.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Now shrimp and grits - you are in my head!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"