Baby Showers

Handing out invites personally?

Since my baby shower is in January, my sis asked if it would be appropriate to hand out the invites to family and friends when we saw them over the holidays.  Then those who we didn't see she would mail out.  Opinions?

Re: Handing out invites personally?

• I think you would be better off sending them. 

Firstly, I am much more likely to remember to respond if it ends up with my mail than with my xmas cards (which is where it will end up if I see you over the holidays)

Secondly, I think it is awkward to hand them out

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Personally, I would rather receive one in the mail.  DH and I do a lot of traveling for Christmas and come home with a car full of gifts, cards, luggage and other junk.  I would be worried that it would get mixed in with everything and I would forget to RSVP.  If it came in the mail I would put it right where it belongs and RSVP as soon as possible. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • If you hand them out, it seems like you are issuing the invite so I would say that is a no-no.

If she wants to hand them out, I dont think that is such a terrible thing.  It does seem easier to just mail them but her call.
    BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • imageAllycat11:
    Personally, I would rather receive one in the mail.  DH and I do a lot of traveling for Christmas and come home with a car full of gifts, cards, luggage and other junk.  I would be worried that it would get mixed in with everything and I would forget to RSVP.  If it came in the mail I would put it right where it belongs and RSVP as soon as possible. 

This.

Also, handing things out is very forward. I made a HUGE mistake of passing out a mission letter when I went to Haiti (asking for prayers primarily) and a donation if they want/were able to... I fealt really awkward about it and wish I had just mailed it... I also found one hanging around afterward so I'm not sure who forgot theirs. It's just better to spend the 42 cents and stick a stamp on it.

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah, I think I would feel awkward passing out invites...Like people might feel like they need to open it and tell you if they plan to go right then and there, talk about pressure!

I agree with PPs, just send them out. 

• Thanks Ladies, I thought that was probably not the best idea for her to pass them out at holiday time and the traveling/getting lost definetly makes sense.  We will mail them, and if people ask during christmas time we can just mention it.  My cousins/aunt have already been asking but we don't have enough details set yet. 

• I wouldn't think it a bad thing to hand them out to certain people. I mean there is no need to send in the mail an invite to someone like your mom or siblings of very closest family...in all honesty I handed out wedding invites to my parents DHs mom, but I think as far as friends and not really close relatives go, it would be better sent in the mail. It is more exciting that way. And like others have said then they don't get lost with the holiday hubub but go right on the fridge or pin board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My best friend lives in the apartment above me and I still mailed hers.  I think it's just nicer :)  She did laugh at me though and ask why I didn't just slip it in her mailbox lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"