November 2012 Moms
Options

Burp Clothes (CP)

A topic on the FB group got me curious. As for burp clothes, there are essentially two kinds. Pretty and plain. Some ladies plan to use both. Plain for at home, and pretty for while out. I wanted to see if that was the norm. [Poll]

Re: Burp Clothes (CP)

• Options
    I can't answer. With DS, I categorized my burp cloths more by thickness than appearance. I took the thick ones out and kept the thin ones at home, since I could change my shirt at home if the thin ones gave way. Plus I felt better giving DS to someone else with a thick burp cloth... less mess for people who didn't think about what they were asking for when burping him!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I voted "plain all the way" because that's the only thing I'd buy for myself.  (Why would you buy something cutesy that is just going to get puke/poop/pee on it?)  However, people have bought us some of the "pretty" ones and I think it's silly to not use something that was bought for us.  So, the practical side of me needs a "SS" vote! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I think "plain" I think just white. Is that what you mean? Because I don't even really see plain white ones in stores.. They all have at least a pattern on them, which was what I consider "pretty". So I voted "pretty all the way". Maybe I'm confused..
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageangielayne926:
    I voted "plain all the way" because that's the only thing I'd buy for myself.  (Why would you buy something cutesy that is just going to get puke/poop/pee on it?)  However, people have bought us some of the "pretty" ones and I think it's silly to not use something that was bought for us.  So, the practical side of me needs a "SS" vote! 
    I can see that, I would as well. However I completely agree. If they were the same price maybe I would consider using pretty ones, but for the extra cost it just seems completely unnecessary to me. But this whole baby experience has taught me what I find to be a necessity others do not and vice versa.
  • Options
    imagekatielynn01:
    When I think "plain" I think just white. Is that what you mean? Because I don't even really see plain white ones in stores.. They all have at least a pattern on them, which was what I consider "pretty". So I voted "pretty all the way". Maybe I'm confused..
    Yes, you are right. I should have clarified. When I say plain, I do mean just white, In fact I specifically mean for those using cloth diapers as burp cloths.
  • Options
    I have some old plain white cloth diapers that were about $1 each.  That will work for me!  I wouldn't even know where to buy "pretty" ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You didn't have a option for me.  I went with whatever was cheap. Some of them are plain, some are printed with cute designs. We got some from Ikea and some from consignment sales.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

PLAIN WHITE 1000xs over again.

Actually going to buy some this weekend... The white cloth diapers are actually the best and absorb the best. I found out with DD that some of the 'pretty' or colored/decorated ones didn't absorb well, sometimes almost repellent of liquid and would just smear it around. 

Also, you can bleach the white ones to keep them looking clean. Formula spit up stains, and if you BF the vitamin D drops stain. White is muuuuch easier to keep nice/clean looking.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    DS was a projectile spitter upper ... I went with plain thick ones and probably used 100 of them a day!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    There should be a "who cares. they are just gonna get gross all over it" option. That is my choice :) Cutesy is only cute when there isn't vomit or spit up everywhere.

• Options
    I think I'm going to go with whatever I can grab first! I registered for pretty ones and plain (cloth diaper) ones, but if more are needed, I'll probably buy the cheapest I can find!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mom made mine. They are off white terry cloth on one side, and cute flannelette sesame street prints on the other side. She just used the scraps from the hooded towels and crib sheets she made me. They were super abosorbant and cute. I was going to buy them, I'd by the thickest, plainest ones I could find.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought the plain white cloth diapers.  We have about 30 of them in rotation and they work great for spit up.  DS still uses them to chew on as his 'lovey'.  I need to try bleach or buy some new ones for baby girl because they're not looking so sharp anymore!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I didn't vote because I bought plain cloth diapers to use as burp clothes and plan to make some not so plain with fabric. Most of the "cute" ones in the store are really thin and don't seem very absorbent . I will use them at home and out. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"