Parenting

Newbies? Call out!

Do we have some new kids on our block? I've noticed low post counts from some of the posters, since I can't see siggy's I have no idea if they are old posters under new names.

Introduction posts? Tell us about yourselves. Welcome to Parenting!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newbies? Call out!

• Kinda newbie... not really.... got a DS who will turn 3 in the winter and another NB estimated for spring.... so I guess I'm not a newbie, but going through each new stage sure makes me feel like a newbie.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagebuffaluffagus:
    Hi. My name is Buffy. I like cold shots of Patron, holding tiny babies until they poop and then promptly giving them back to their mothers, and mocking dumb questions on 1st tri [EVEN THOUGH I HAD THOSE SAME QUESTIONS!!!1!1!11!!].Also, I'm not new so I'm not sure why I'm answering this. I've been antisocial lately. That's all.

MOG I LOVE THAT YOU'RE BACK! I realized I was funnier pregnant when I was looking through old posts. Then I realized it was because we had a hilarious group of ladies.

goulet

• Loading the player...
  • imagechlsbshp:
    Kinda newbie... not really.... got a DS who will turn 3 in the winter and another NB estimated for spring.... so I guess I'm not a newbie, but going through each new stage sure makes me feel like a newbie.

Nope 2 kids is for sure not newbie parenting status. How long have you been on TB, what brings you to the Parenting board?

• imageManateearmz:

goulet
    You win. You always do.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• I'm new. I'm Shauna, and I've been lurking (creepy, I know). I started over on TK, but have migrated a bit lately because it's been slow over there lately. I'm 23 weeks along with my first little one.

Let's see... I am an Assistant Manager at a used bookstore (although it's a chain with over 100 stores in the country). I read a lot. I like Big Bang Theory, The Glades, and Psych. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 1 1/2 years. 

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am actually bronze but it took me about 2.5 years on TB to get there so I feel very new to posting!

I am Niki, I have a 17 month old daughter, I am alone in my office in the late afternoon with nothing to do but bump and I like to zone out to TB after my family goes to bed way too early for me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my AE.  I am a long time poster that sometimes needs a break from myself. 
  • imageSEWF:
    I'm new. I'm Shauna, and I've been lurking creepy, I know. I started over on TK, but have migrated a bit lately because it's been slow over there lately. I'm 23 weeks along with my first little one.Let's see... I am an Assistant Manager at a used bookstore although it's a chain with over 100 stores in the country. I read a lot. I like Big Bang Theory, The Glades, and Psych. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 1 1/2 years.nbsp;

We like creepers here. Welcome.

• I am so not a newb; although my badge says otherwise. 

Whatever, cheers ladies!  (B)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageManateearmz:
    imageSEWF:
    I'm new. I'm Shauna, and I've been lurking creepy, I know. I started over on TK, but have migrated a bit lately because it's been slow over there lately. I'm 23 weeks along with my first little one.Let's see... I am an Assistant Manager at a used bookstore although it's a chain with over 100 stores in the country. I read a lot. I like Big Bang Theory, The Glades, and Psych. My husband and I have been together for 8 years, married for 1 1/2 years.nbsp;
    We like creepers here. Welcome.

I figured it was better than just jumping in. It kind of sucks though: either you jump right in without knowing everyone and feel like the new girll who sticks her nose in, or you creep for a while and feel like you "know" people and they think you are a freak when you ask them personal questions. 

It's tough making friends. :)

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageFollowDaLeader:
    This is my AE.  I am a long time poster that sometimes needs a break from myself. 
    So, what are you looking for in your new personification? 
  • imageFollowDaLeader:
    This is my AE. nbsp;I am a long time poster that sometimes needs a break from myself.nbsp;

Really? What made you pick this SN? Tell us more about your DD!

• imagebuffaluffagus:
    nbsp;God. We were so hilarious. Having a kid and less free time made me lame.nbsp;

I'm almost done with my tall boy and I just laughed a little too hard at this.

• On this board semi new. I made an intro awhile ago but just recently chiming in more. TB itself, not so new, I'm a reg on my BMB. Just in case nobody remembers my intro, I have a 12 year Ds and 1 year old dd and have been with Dh for 13 years. The humor and straight forwardness on this board is the cat's meow.
  • I'm new but I'm not new but I'm new...you follow?? K ;

I lurked quite a bit while we were youngsters on 1224, followed the herd to parenting, posted here and there and now work has gotten in the way. Total bummer!! Plus it made my head hurt to keep up with all the posts. Hopefully work slows down and I can focus more of my time on you lovely ladies because you are all very entertaining!
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrambo3:
    I'm new but I'm not new but I'm new...you follow?? K ;

I lurked quite a bit while we were youngsters on 1224, followed the herd to parenting, posted here and there and now work has gotten in the way. Total bummer!! Plus it made my head hurt to keep up with all the posts. Hopefully work slows down and I can focus more of my time on you lovely ladies because you are all very entertaining!

TB mobile seriously sucks!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't feel new because I've been lurking on TB for a long time, but don't contribute often. I usually don't get on here until late in the day and usually what I want to say has already been better said by someone else. I sometimes think to myself that at the rate I post I will get to Bronze status sometime around when DS goes to college.

Like a PP said, I feel like I know some of you, but don't want to just jump into conversations like I know what I'm talking about. Sooo, turns out that I'm just as awkward in e-social situations as I am in IRL ones. Left Hug

• Hi and welcome, and dont feel bad. I got called out within a couple of days of finding the boards back in 2nd tri days, and cried all weekend while H hunted for my bgps. Jumping in has never been an issue. Its swimming once I'm in the waters thats a problem.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I'm a looooong time lurker.  I'm like Fairynice and awkward in e-social situations.  I'm pretty quiet IRL too, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  I reply to posts here and there, but I haven't started a thread in ages, maybe since TK.  

Anyway, I have one DS who is a little over 2.5 and another LO on the way who is due on DS's third birthday.  I've mostly lurked on the age boards when DS was that age, then followed over from 12-24 during the great migration.  DS was over 2 by then anyway.  I'm hoping to lurk less and perhaps even reach bronze in 2013.  We'll see.  

• Hi! I'm newish. I post in botb a bit and as you can see from my wwpd post below, I'm a little awkward. I did an intro here a bit ago and am trying to post more often. I have a 1 year old dd and am pretty sure that will be it in the kid department.
  • imageshannonmur:
    Hi! I'm newish. I post in botb a bit and as you can see from my wwpd post below, I'm a little awkward. I did an intro here a bit ago and am trying to post more often. I have a 1 year old dd and am pretty sure that will be it in the kid department.

I thought it was funny.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I'm a lurker who has been trying to see what the temp. of the board is and I figure I can finally jump in now. 
    I became a mom in July and still scared sh!tless. I generally lurk a lot and post seldomly due to the fact I'm terrible at online conversations and tend to either sound really sarcastic or really insanely idiotic. 

Hopefully participating here will break those two. And maybe learn a thing or two. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I hold on so hard and pray that I won't say something wrong. I look at the stars and dream that the universe was ours.
  • I don't think i'm a newb, but I never did an intro. I have a DS that will be 2 in December. I lurk and sometimes post in the evenings because work is too crazy to post during the day. I mostly hang out here or my bmb. I'm trying to post more, maybe this intro will help.

• I'm not really new, but I'll introduce anyway. Carly, 33, four kids. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2
  • I am not a newbie I joined the knot when planning my wedding in 2003 then the nest then the bump. I am not an avid poster, until recently. I am a SAHM of 4. All the craziness around here makes me wonder sometimes. Seeing posts on this board and the SAHM board makes me feel a little better.

I mostly lurk and have no idea how to even make a siggy.

Heather

imageimageimageimage
  • I've been around since 6-9 months, I think. I'm mostly just a lurking lurker. When I do post I am ignored about 99% of the time.

Ah well, when I do have a chance to get on here it's pretty damn entertaining. I like it here and hope to start posting more.

I never had an into post here on parenting. I have a 6 y/o DD and a DS that will be 2 in a few months.

ETA: I hate smores poptarts but buy them for the kiddos bc I know I wont touch them. Cupcake poptarts are amazing though.

Heymrwilson-2
  • imageangelphish2010:

I've been around since 6-9 months, I think. I'm mostly just a lurking lurker. When I do post I am ignored about 99% of the time.

Ah well, when I do have a chance to get on here it's pretty damn entertaining. I like it here and hope to start posting more.

I never had an into post here on parenting. I have a 6 y/o DD and a DS that will be 2 in a few months.

I recognize your SN. I hope you'll stick around.  

"To me, you are perfect."

• imageangelphish2010:

I've been around since 6-9 months, I think. I'm mostly just a lurking lurker. When I do post I am ignored about 99% of the time.

ETA: I hate smores poptarts but buy them for the kiddos bc I know I wont touch them. Cupcake poptarts are amazing though.

Hey!! Nice to see you around here! Your DS is getting so big! 

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • A lot of the SNs in this thread are familiar to me.  Glad you all are here!
  • imageangelphish2010:

I love your sig pic and your kid looks just like the one in the movie. 

• imageHenHen25:
    imageangelphish2010:

Hey!! Nice to see you around here! Your DS is getting so big! 

Thank you! Your LO is too, what a cutie :)

Heymrwilson-2
  • imageMrsGoodkat:
    imageangelphish2010:

I love your sig pic and your kid looks just like the one in the movie. 

Thank you, he also acts just like him. Tongue Tied

Heymrwilson-2
  • Not a noob but love talking about myself sooo...

I'm ihearttab, tab is my husband of 4 years. We have a 14 month old DD named Lucy, a 4 year old colliepointer mix named Basil and a 10 year old cat named June. We live in a tiny town with flighty ISPs so I mainly post from my cell. Please to excuse all grossly exaggerated figures and a sad lack of parentheses in my posts.

Ex: It took me 23 minutes to write this. [It didn't take 23 minutes, promise.]

• <-------------------- Don't be fooled by the newbie status. This isn't my first rodeo...

:::waves to everyone who knows who I used to be:::

• imageihearttab:
    Not a noob but love talking about myself sooo... I'm ihearttab, tab is my husband of 4 years. We have a 14 month old DD named Lucy, a 4 year old colliepointer mix named Basil and a 10 year old cat named June. We live in a tiny town with flighty ISPs so I mainly post from my cell. Please to excuse all grossly exaggerated figures and a sad lack of parentheses in my posts. Ex: It took me 23 minutes to write this. [It didn't take 23 minutes, promise.]

I love Kerrville. If I could choose any place in Texas to live, it would be there, I think. And welcome! 

• imageFairynice:

I don't feel new because I've been lurking on TB for a long time, but don't contribute often. I usually don't get on here until late in the day and usually what I want to say has already been better said by someone else. I sometimes think to myself that at the rate I post I will get to Bronze status sometime around when DS goes to college.

Like a PP said, I feel like I know some of you, but don't want to just jump into conversations like I know what I'm talking about. Sooo, turns out that I'm just as awkward in e-social situations as I am in IRL ones. Left Hug

Did you have a different SN before?  I could swear I recognize your DS from a siggy somewhere.

• imageLexiLupin:

I'm a Parenting newbie who, at the moment, is mother only to two cats. But Kitiara invited me over to play in your sandbox from the Politics board on TN, so you'll probably mostly see me in posts where I can acceptably bemoan the sorry state of US politics, Romney's knowledge of the rest of the world, and the future self-sovereignty of my lady parts.

Yay!  I'm glad you made it over!  I hope the parenting talk doesn't bore you, we try to keep it to a minimum.

• imageKJmashup:

imageihearttab:
    Not a noob but love talking about myself sooo...

I'm ihearttab, tab is my husband of 4 years. We have a 14 month old DD named Lucy, a 4 year old colliepointer mix named Basil and a 10 year old cat named June. We live in a tiny town with flighty ISPs so I mainly post from my cell. Please to excuse all grossly exaggerated figures and a sad lack of parentheses in my posts.

Ex: It took me 23 minutes to write this. [It didn't take 23 minutes, promise.]

I love Kerrville. If I could choose any place in Texas to live, it would be there, I think. And welcome!&nbsp;

Thanks! My husband was born and raised here and he stole me from Austin about 5 years ago. It's really a great place. Where in Texas are you?

• I'm not a newb, I'm an enigma shrouded in mystery.

I actually know who a lot of you ladies are, but you probably wouldn't remember me, (including you manatee) I watched, mostly quietly as all of you were molded into the internet persona the evil puppet master so painstakingly created.

No but seriously, I was around for awhile in first tri, migrated to an offboard, then the board turned into Panem, and I fled to the district we all previously thought had been destroyed. (Aka Thebump)  but I still clearly care about my kid more than any of you bishes, because I barely ever post.

• imageihearttab:
    imageKJmashup:

imageihearttab:
    Not a noob but love talking about myself sooo... I'm ihearttab, tab is my husband of 4 years. We have a 14 month old DD named Lucy, a 4 year old colliepointer mix named Basil and a 10 year old cat named June. We live in a tiny town with flighty ISPs so I mainly post from my cell. Please to excuse all grossly exaggerated figures and a sad lack of parentheses in my posts. Ex: It took me 23 minutes to write this. [It didn't take 23 minutes, promise.]

I love Kerrville. If I could choose any place in Texas to live, it would be there, I think. And welcome! 

Thanks! My husband was born and raised here and he stole me from Austin about 5 years ago. It's really a great place. Where in Texas are you?

I'm in Dallas for now, looking to move south, near Victoria. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"