January 2012 Moms
Options

Sudden diaper rash with a welt??

I am practically in tears.  Can a diaper rash appear out of nowhere?  She looked fine all day yesterday.  She went to bed about midnight and I changed her at 3:30 and 7:30 when she ate.  Then when she woke up at noon (she has been sleeping from 12-12 this month) she had pooped.  I cleaned her thoroughly and she looked fine.  I changed a pee diaper at 2.  Then she had a runny poop at 3 and when I went to change her she had a huge puffy welt on her labia.  It almost looked like a blister.  It was so big it really scared me and I feel terrible for her.  I didn't notice it until I cleaned it off and she started hysterically crying.  It even bled a little:(  I may have missed it at 2 but it definitely wasn't there at noon.

She has had no changes in diet.  She did try a different baby wash 2 days ago but was fine until today.  New wipes last week also but she was fine all week. 

Her doctor has no open appointments but the nurse told me to bathe her in a baking soda bath, no wipes, air it out, etc.

Has anyone else ever had a huge red welt appear out of nowhere?  She was perfectly fine this afternoon...not even red.  She is happy right now so it doesn't seem to be hurting her but I feel just terrible.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

Re: Sudden diaper rash with a welt??

• Options
    DS gets these a lot, but we haven't figured out what causes it yet. We just use cloth wipes instead of disposable, have a little diaper-less time, and slather up with Aveeno diaper rash cream.

Anniversary

• Options
    That happened to us a few months ago. It was not there when I took her to daycare, then out of nowhere was the worst diaper rash I have ever seen a few hours later. I took her to the pediatrician who prescribed some special ointment to use on it. He said that it would not likely have cleared up quickly without the prescription ointment.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Don't feel bad.

About a month ago Ana got this weird bumpy rash out of no where - I kinda assumed it was a diaper rash, turned out to be a yeast infection. Then when that cleared up, she ended up getting a crazy diaper rash... it was one thing after another and felt unending!

Any who, the pedi said the best thing for it was nakey time and keeping a clean/dry diapper on her. She also said for a diaper rash to use A&D (or something like that on it) and put it on thick! She said when you change her, you shouldnt be wiping it all the way off, basically just the top layer and putting more on.

Hope things clear up and she gets better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"