Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Recommendations for Doulas

Anyone have recommendations for Doula services? It's between Birth Doulas of Pittsburgh or Hearts & Hands.

Thanks!

Re: Recommendations for Doulas

• Options
    Hey there - I remember seeing your name on the Pittsburgh Knot board!  Unfortunately, I do not have any recs but it looks like a congratulations is in order!! 

Hope all is well! 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options

Jen!

Hello!  And no - that Doula recommendation is NOT for me!

My daughter asked to me post this. I am going to be a Grandma in January!

Everything is going great, thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went through Heart and Hands.  They were amazing.  I would strongly recommend that your daughter attend their "meet the doulas" which they hold the first thursday of every month at a local yoga studio in Shadyside.  I worked with Rene Marasco and loved her so much.  Jan, the owner, is also amazing.  If I have another baby I will be using their services again!!  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank-you for the recommendation!

I have passed this along to my daughter.

• Options

imagedoulapgh:
    Both services have great doulas!  In the end, it will be more about which individual doula she "clicks" with.  That being said, I am an independent (trained) doula in the area and am currently accepting clients for the births I need to certify.  Please feel free to pass along my information if she is still looking and I would be happy to meet up for an interview.  She can email me at doulapgh@gmail.com or contact me by phone at 412-310-7022.  Congratulations on your future grandchild and best wishes for your daughter and her growing family!

it makes me sad to know that my sister innocently posted on this same board about her doula services and she was flamed and reported because, as we all know, vendors are not allowed to advertise their services on the board.

andplusalso: hi, jenn :)

i don't have to say hello to pam-i'm sure i've already talked to you today or sometime in the last 24 hours! ;)

TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I apologize.  I guess it's excitement getting the best of me.  I'll remove my post, but you may have to remove yours as well to remove all of my information from the thread.
  • Options

imagedoulapgh:
    I apologize.  I guess it's excitement getting the best of me.  I'll remove my post, but you may have to remove yours as well to remove all of my information from the thread.

i don't really care, i just find it interesting that she was also posting out of excitement as well and was met with flames. i believe she deleted her SN after that. she didn't know it was against the TOS, someone else had suggested it to her.

TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"