August 2011 Moms
Options

ergo or stroller for flight

I'm looking for opinions. I'm flying with my daughter next month for the first time, gulp. She will be 14 months. I am putting her in the car seat on the flight and I have that all worked out, but I'm trying to decide if it makes more sense to have her in the ergo with carrying car seat and carry on or if the stroller gate checked makes more sense. I like having her in the ergo, but it sounds like a lot to carry? I have a stroller available at my destination so I'm not worried about that part.

Re: ergo or stroller for flight

• Options

What about something like this? It turns your car seat into a stroller. Kind of pricey, but might be worth it so you don't have to carry anything else...

https://www.theportablebaby.com/gogokidz.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My car seat is only 11 pounds, but daughter is 24 and that is a lot of pounds. :. Maybe bring both like you said.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you don't need a stroller when you get there, I'd use the ergo.
  • Options
    I'm on my phone, so I can't post a link. but, we have a Go Go Babyz travel car seat thing. It turns your car seat into a stroller basically. You can also still buckle it into the plane. It's awesome and a life saver. DS1 fell asleep in his car seat on the plane and we were able to roll him down the isle and he stayed asleep.

We bought ours off of eBay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I traveled alone with C when he was 10 months old.  I used the Ergo BUT we also didn't bother bringing a car seat (had one on the other end) and didn't need a stroller (don't really use strollers much).  It worked out pretty well.  If you're bringing a car seat for sure, I'd get this: https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=533888&cm_ven=none&cm_cat=none&cm_pla=none&orderType=none&utm_source=none&utm_medium=none&utm_campaign=none

and then still bring the Ergo in case he doesn't want to hang out in there (but you can at least still use it to hold bags, etc.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We just flew to Chicago and back so hopefully I can offer some helpful suggestions.

What I do is this: Pack one carryon bag that has all our stuff in it, then use a bungee cord to wrap a collaspable umbrella stroller to while I wear my daughter though security, up & down train platforms, etc. That way I can carry everything myself and still have a hand free to open doors, grab the bus pass, etc. But when we're out walking around through town, visiting museums etc I use the stroller to put her in and save my back/shoulders. I don't know about you, but wearing a baby 24/7 makes this mama pretty exhausted! I just bought a cheapo stroller for $5 at some lady's garage sale and that way it's nice and compact and super light for seeing the sights, but if it gets damaged in flight it's no big deal like it would be if anything happened to my nice stroller.

That's my system which works for me; I've flown solo with my daughter six times now in the past year and never have I had any problems.

Also, ice in a cup = awesome in-flight "game," by the way. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"