Health & Exercise
Options

WHAT EXCERCISES ARE GOOD?

I'm 8 weeks and out of shape. I want to start excercising now so i can lose weight eaiser after i have the baby. What do yall suggest

Re: WHAT EXCERCISES ARE GOOD?

• Options
    Since you're out of shape to begin with you don't want to get crazy while you're pregnant.  Swimming, walking, ellipitical, biking, and light weight lifting should be fine.  Or prenatal yoga/pilates.  Talk with your doctor, though, to see what he/she recommends for you.
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most doctors and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists tell you that you can continue any exercise through your pregnancy that you did prior to your pregnancy. Obviously you'll need to modify as your belly gets bigger, and as you get to your 2nd tri which is when you're supposed to avoid being on your back. I'm a personal trainer,certified in prenatal fitness, and just like the PP said, low intensity aerobics would be good definitely. Walking or swimming at the intensity level of 3-5 ( 1 being your easiest pace, 10 being very strenuous) would be really beneficial, but low intensity resistance training, for your muscles, would be really great for you as well. Exercising will actually help you feel more comfortable through your whole pregnancy, and can also help the course and outcome of labor to be a little easier. Some modifications I use for my clients:

-Avoid exercises lying on your back after the 2nd tri and if you do anything on your back (I use hip extensions with my clients sometimes), only do the exercise for no more than 20 seconds, then turn onto your left side to let the blood flow to you and your baby. (The main concern of doing exercises on your back/sleeping on your back is that the blood flow will be blocked from you to the baby because of the weight of the uterus and baby, but 9 times out of 10, YOU will feel those effects before the baby does-you'll feel dizzy or fatigues, so LISTEN to your body no matter what exercise you are doing and rest when needed)

-Avoid exercises that require you to hold weights or heavy objects above your baby belly, leaving it in a vulnerable position. 

I'm sure they have some workouts here on this site, but Fit Pregnancy has some great at home workouts! Here's my Pinterest page: www.pinterest.com/mamasinmotion I have a whole Prenatal board with some good workouts.

Sorry for the novel I just wrote for you...prenatal fitness is something I love and truely believe is beneficial! Of course, always talk to your doc first about exercising, as they always say, just to be safe. =-) Good luck!! 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DSCF3259-1
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thank you so much that was helpful!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"