LGBT Parenting

ABC's "The New Normal"

anybody else watch this show?

love it? hate it?

i personally love it! (so far) it has been an accurate description of some of the things my g/f & i have gone thru

what do you guys think?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ABC's "The New Normal"

• We watched the first two.  I don't love it.  I want to, but I don't.  I know the point of the mother/grandma person is that she is a bigot - it's just hard to watch when that sometimes goes unchecked.  That said, the little girl and NeNe did call her out.  And I want to love the guys but I just don't.  Part of it may be that I love Modern Family so much and since we have not seen season 3 we are not watching 4 until we catch up.  I suppose I need to open my heart to love two gay dad couples :)

• We only watched 1/2 of an episode.  I can't say I love it nor can I say I hate it.  DW had an issue with the fact that gay men are always portrayed as having so much expendable income.  Because yes, every gay couple has enough money to move a surrogate into their home...well guest house. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched the first 2 and thought it was okay as well. I am not typically one for campy gay characters (not a huge MF fan.) That being said, I did tape the 3rd one last night and will watch it. It may stay on the DVR and be one of those "there is nothing better on, I'll watch this" shows.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've watched the first 2 episodes, D loves it, i think it's ok. We are both fans of modern family, although i don't think the shows are comparable. I'm more interested in seeing lesbians/lesbians of color/ younger lesbians creating and growing families. The grandmother is easily my favorite thing about the show, so ill likely keep watching. I honestly can't say i can relate to the couple at all - i connected more with the pair on up all night

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"