Georgia Babies

Working on my packing list. What are you glad you had at the hospital?

Can't believe we will meet our baby in 2 months!!!  I feel so unprepared.  Trying to do anything I can to feel like I have some control over things so this week I am obsessing about what I need to bring to the hospital with us.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Working on my packing list. What are you glad you had at the hospital?

• nursing tanks )(target ones are awesome) and comfy pj's.  you just feel more comfortable with guests and pics. 

my bobby.  my own pillow (s).   and we brought an additional blanket for the baby (one crocheted one).  

• Adding on -

• Nursing comfort supplies (i.e. lanolin, gel pads, manual pump, etc..) just in case you need them.
    • Cell phone & camera chargers
    • Books, magazines or kindle
    • Socks
    • Travel sized toiletries
    • Baby Book
    • Preferred Snacks or Drinks (I hate plain water so I'm a huge fan of propel packets)
    • 'Going Home' outfit for the baby
    • Comfortable going home outfit for you

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • - phone list/text list for after delivery

- camera/phone/computer and all chargers

- comfy yoga pants, t shirt and nursing bra

- small notepad and several pens to jot down notes, to dos, baby info

- lip balm and lotion

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • nursing tank

yoga pants for after delivery

my shower stuff

comfy slippers

boppy or nursing pillow

oh and my own personal pillow to sleep on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • nursing tanks and yoga pants

Lip balm

Glasses so I could see at night without my contacts

White noise app on my phone and phone charger

Eye masks to sleep (DH had one too)

Makeup remover wipes (for post c-section before I could up)

• Nursing tanks and yoga pants

Nursing pads, lanolin cream if you plan to breastfeed. WIth Bailey and Bryce the nurse gave me some lanolin cream but this past time with Preston they had to get an LC to come give it to me which took a while.

going home outfit and blanket

chapstick

flipflops - for the shower and getting to the bathroom

pillows - Hospital pillows are horrible

cell phone, camera, laptop plus all the chargers 

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think everyone covered what I would have said.  The first time I had nothing, so round 2 I made sure I was packed and ready :) 

Definitely make sure you have comfy PJ's, I hated wearing the hospital gown.  

Toiletries - the hospital ones are awful!  At least IMO :)  

Going home outfit for baby and Mommy

• I disagree with many on this list:

Makeup (people take LOTS of pictures)

Curling Iron (hair for all the pictures)

Pretty nightgowns and robe (dude seriously the pictures)

Nice dress for going home (your family will be like paparazzi I am not kidding.  Do not wear a grubby outfit you will regret it.)

I did not read a thing.  You have loads of visitors that will bring food, snacks and wine.  Also they will take all the pictures so you don't need a camera.  I put together my son's baby book like a month ago so I don't see why you'd want that at the hospital.  They do the footprints on a card that you stick in the book.  Maybe pretty house shoes but you will be burning up or freezing the whole time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do not over pack. You do not need a lot. I would say bring comfy pj or yoga pants. I got awesome pairs of lounge like pj pants from gap body and I wore those. I also brought target nursing tanks, get them in black, you will be much happier :-)  Other than that and an outfit for the baby you don't really need anything. Oh, I would also bring a boppy that was a lifesaver for me after my C/S with Brennan. He was a big baby and hard for me to hold up for long periods of time the boppy was awesome. That was literally all I had with me, the rest of the baby and mommy care items the hospital provided. 

It is so exciting that you are getting so close to meeting your little one. I know how long you have been waiting for this :-)  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • An empty bag so that you can empty and stash things off of the bassinet to take home (blankets, diapers, wipes.)  They just replace them at the shift changes.

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

• Cash for parking, food and a roll of quarters for the coke machine.  I had a coke before I even got moved to my room.  I was dying for one!  :-)

photos by Jody Lynn Photography

• 30 weeks!!!!  I am seriously going to cry tears of joy when you have that sweet baby.
  • imagecookielady:
    An empty bag so that you can empty and stash things off of the bassinet to take home (blankets, diapers, wipes.)  They just replace them at the shift changes.

YES THIS!!  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Chapstick. Hair band. My own toiletries/makeup/blow dryer so I could take a shower when I finally felt up to it and look somewhat normal. Phone charger, phone, camera. Comfy yoga pants, Target nursing tank, & comfy zip-up hoodie.

Honestly, don't bring too much.  I feel like I (and most people) totally over-packed. There is no reason to bring diapers, wipes, pads, lotion, etc they provide all that. 

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"