Maryland Babies
Options

3hr Glucose Test and GDM

I never made it to the glucose test with Bobby.

I took my 28 week glucose test with this pregnancy and it was normal.

After my ultrasound on Wednesday when they discovered that the baby was already over 6 lbs at 33 weeks and I have high amniotic fluid, it was decided that I needed another 1 hour screening which I did that day. 

Got a call yesterday that the second 1 hour was abnormal.

I'm doing the 3 hour today.  Almost done with my first hour.  Feel like I'm going to puke, but the baby is going nutso!  Can't wait for 12:20 so I'll be done with this.

If the 3 hour is abnormal, I have to go on the modified diet.  I only have 4 weeks left, so I'm not sure how much good that'll do with so little time left, but has anyone had to do the modified diet?  Any tips?

Re: 3hr Glucose Test and GDM

• Options
    Do you know how much you failed the 1 hour by? I failed the 1hr *just barely* and passed the 3 hr with flying colors, so hopefully it'll be the same for you!! Sitting there for 3 hrs sucks though :( Good luck!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

I had  it with my DD but not with my DS . The 3 hour with my DD I got super sick . Basically when I walked out my BS was super low like 50. and I  barely made it as having GD -  I was able to just do diet changes and no meds and no issues at delivery - GL and make sure you eat some protein to balance out all the sugar!

GL - 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

SK, no, my OB didn't say what the levels were for the second 1 hour I did.  I'm finished the 3 hour now and finally ate a bit (thank goodness!), so I'll just have to see the results on Monday or Tuesday and take it from there.

• Options

It wasn't discovered with me until about 35 weeks either with DS. I did the modified diet and keeping blood sugar numbers which were always good. I had no need for meds or any issues at delivery.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKaybee44:

It wasn't discovered with me until about 35 weeks either with DS. I did the modified diet and keeping blood sugar numbers which were always good. I had no need for meds or any issues at delivery.

AWESOME!!!  This is great to hear! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"