Birth Stories
Options

Lilly Roxanne's Birth story... Just a few months late

My sweet DD was born on her EDD of May 1st, 2012:

April 31st

I had my last OB appointment before my due date. I was dilated to a 3 and 70-80% effaced. So me and my mom had been walking EVERY where all day. While we where waiting at DQ for DH to pick us up i started having consistent contractions about 8-9 min apart and lasting for about 1 minute. When DH finally got us they where starting to make me more uncomfortable but i could still talk and walk through them. When we got home they where about 7 min apart but still only lasting for about 1 min... So time goes by and they aren't changing so i call my sister (who just her LO 2 weeks prior) and she suggests i get in the shower to help me relax. Its been about an hour since my contractions have been 7 min apart and i decide its a good idea and i go get in to the shower and after about two contractions they stopped. Just up and no more nothing... I was very disappointed to say the least... When I get out of the shower and break the news to my mom and DH they think we should go for a nice long walk to the park and we swing for a while and i still have no more contractions. After  our walk we go to be and i cry on DH for a little because im so tired of being pregnant...

May 1st 2012

I slept really well that night not getting up to pee or anything and when i get up at about 7:30 i was in a hurry to pee and didn't even realize my water had broken when i climbed over DH until i was half way to the bathroom! So i felt a little gush and i was like i think my water just broke and my was like WHAT?! so i go pee and back to our room and change my pants and tell DH he is not going to work today and he goes why not and i said because my water broke we are having a baby! he automatically get up shower (remember my water broke ON HIM) and  as i packed the last few things in our bag and i started having contraction, Before we went to the hospital we stopped at McDonald's because i was so hungry and felt sick... When we where done eating i could barely walk my contractions hurt so bad and couldn't even get in the truck...(also i was negative for GBS so the extra time wasn't a problem) We got to the hospital and the make sure it was my water (it was) and my doctor just happened to be in the hospital lol! i labored in the bed the whole time my body just completely shut down when i had a contraction the only think i could think about was my breathing and that helped me get to a 6 (12:00p.m.) before the pain was so bad i was literally screaming at my doc when she placed the internal monitor and my contractions where off the chart so she actually had to finish breaking my water because it wasn't broken all the way or something (not sure what that was about). After that i opted for the epi because i had no intentions on going natural i just wanted to go as far as i could. The epidural was a god send and took effect almost immediately. For me i could still "feel" my contractions but no pain at all. I stated dilating really fast and was at a 10 merely 4 hours later. i pushed for about 4 minutes (about 4 contractions and 12 pushes) my baby stated having late decels and i could tell my doctor was getting worried because she was saying something about getting the vaccume and that gave me all the motivation i could ever need because i did not want that for my baby. after a few more pushes i got a full episiotamy and  two more pushes after that my sweet baby girl was born. It was 4:10pm and she was 7lbs13oz and 19 3/4. Absolutly perfect.

EDD for #2 is December 8th, 2013, so excited for our 2nd team green baby! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lilly Roxanne's Birth story... Just a few months late

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"