Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Things Friday

OK.  Here we go.  This week, we will have a couple questions pre-set and then a couple that you can fill in with whatever is going on in your life.

1) How long have you and your wife/fiance/girlfriend been together?

2) How many kids do you currently have?  On the way?  Want to have?

3-5 are all you.

Re: 5 Things Friday

• 1) How long have you and your wife/fiance/girlfriend been together?

Together... 5 years 1 month since first date (roughly), married, 3 years as of the 26th of this month

1 here, 1 on the way, probably total of 3 when we are done.

3) My son has a double ear infection, which apparently, everyone else in his daycare class does too.  Other than the occasional tug of the ear, you wouldn't necessarily know he's not feeling that great though.  He is one big ball of energy.

4) Prime example of his energy: I took my son to our local zoo with my parents yesterday.  We spent a good 3-3 1/2 hours there.  He fell asleep in the car on the way back (15 minutes), we got him up to eat lunch at Wendy's and he was back up and running around like a crazy man for another 3 hours.  He loves the zoo, he can identify most of the animals and say a couple of their names, and whenever he sees a lion, tiger or bear he lets out a big roar.

5) I start a slightly altered schedule starting tomorrow, which lets me sleep in an hour more (yay), but has me home an hour later and will probably make more work for me.

We started dating in November of 2003, married May 23, 2010.

The first one is on the way.

3)  My mom was recently diagnosed with lung cancer (quit smoking, kids), so that sucks.  She's doing well with treatment so far, and I'm thinking the first grandkid on the way is giving her something to fight for.

4) I have a job interview next Friday, and I'm hoping that goes well.  It's part time, so that'll allow me to be the primary stay-at-home parent.

5) I get to watch football all weekend, and that's a good thing.  Go Panthers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageColtsdad:

<b>1. How long have you and your wife/fiance/girlfriend been together?<b>

Nov. 11 will be 4 yrs together. We've been married almost 2.5yrs.  

<b>2. How many kids do you currently have?  On the way?  Want to have?<b>

We currently have two foster girls (12yr old and her 6yr old sister) for a long-term placement. We pick up a 10 month old foster boy on Tuesday for who knows how long, but likely for at least 3 months. We also have one on the way with our surrogate/friend. We've had a tough time having a baby and that process has turned us into the more children, the merrier. Right now we are hoping for 6 kids. We'll see how many God gives us. 

3.  We learned last night that the midwife/birthing center won't put my name on the birth certificate bc I'm not the bio father. While that makes sense for some people, we used donor sperm bc I'm sterile and Oklahoma law says that in this case I can be listed bc I am the intended father and there is no known father. The midwife is not interested in taking that chance. This means that to have the experience my wife would like we need to actually adopt the baby but bc we live in NY and the baby will be born in OK we have to go through the interstate process. This is more timely and more costly. 

4. My wife and I got in a huge fight about the above bc I don't want this to cost us a million dollars to do. I realize now I was just jumping to the worst case situation and having to pay an extra $5k - $10 really isn't that terrible. I have apologized about every 30 mins for this.

5. Today we are going to a wedding for my wife's cousin. This will be the first event/etc that my MIL and FIL have attended with us there. Up until today they would refuse to go to anything that we would be at. Apparently I'm not the type of guy they wanted their daughter to marry. Mostly my MIL is the issue. I have to admit I'm a little scared to be around them after the things they have said about me and us.

P.S. Sorry this was late again.   

***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I know its a little late, I am on call this weekend, so ive been a little busy

We have been together 10 years this month, but married 3 years, 3 months

2) How many kids do you currently have? On the way? Want to have?

We have a 12 wk old daughter, thinking about starting to try for #2. We havent decided on how many we will have total. I would like to have 4.

3) My wife got a nice raise this week (a $4 raise to be exact). Which means she officially makes more than double than me. And she paid off one of her 2 college loans yesterday which means more spending money

4) My niece and nephew are spending the weekend with us, so when i have been home, i have heard the smurfs playing so much that i literally know every line.

5) Tonight is guys night, which means wife is cooking dinner for us then taking daughter, niece and nephew out to visit her parents.

We have been together on and off for 8 years, married for 3.

No kids currently.  At least 1 on the way, but we have our first ultrasound on Tuesday. Really looking forward to that appointment and hoping that this one sticks.  We are planning on 2.  My wife wants to collect them all (boy & girl) so there is a chance we could go for 3 if we have 2 of the same to start.

3) We had a weekend away with some friends this weekend.  We had a great time and we were able to actually relax.  It was a nice change of pace after working weekends for awhile.  We had no internet so I tried to do this check-in on my phone, but the Dads board wasn't available on the mobile site.

4) We were able to take our weekend away because we brought more people in on our project at work.  I shouldn't have to work much overtime anymore which is awesome.

5) Tuesday is a big day in our house next week.  First ultrasound and Borderlands 2 releases! Ha! With my new work schedule I might even be able to play it.

• 1.  Together over 6 years, married almost 3

2.  a 7 month old daughter.  someday more.

3.  I found out this week I will be officiating in the Boys State Tournament (soccer) this fall.   My first time officiating in the boys tourney - I did the girls tourney this spring.

4.  I've realized that I have zero desire to watch baseball anymore.  I used to be a diehard fan, played a lot back in the day, and still have my equipment just in case.  Even though my team is likely to make the playoffs, I haven't watched a single game all season, and probably won't watch any playoff games either.

5.  Even though I'm 30, I still love jerseys.  I have two new ones on my wish list and did everything in my power to not order both this week.  I'm better about buying the new ones every time they change, but these two I just won't be able to resist for long.

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Better late than never...

Together...4 years, been married a little over 2.

My first is due this Friday! Holy crap!

3) I finally finished my to-do list before my kid comes. I feel kinda, sorta ready. I pretty much have a laundry list of what not to do when it comes to parenthood...everything else, I'm just in it and hoping for the best.

4) I'm crazy swamped at work because I'm determined to take 3-4 weeks off. It's my first kid, I want to be there to help my wife in this season. Finger's crossed everything is ready to go so I'm not working from blackberry while raising my kid.

5) Did I mention my kid is due this Friday. CRAZY!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Life is busy right now....

6 years together, 2 years married.

2) How many kids do you currently have? On the way? Want to have?

1 son, 3 weeks old.  We talk about having three total, one natural and one adopted, like daddy!!

3) I am not a fan of Thursday Night Football.  Even though the Pack destroyed the Bears....AGAIN, it is not the same as a lazy Sunday on the couch watching the game. I kept thinking about the next day at work during the second half...NOT COOL!!

4) Sunday ended up being a great day anyway.  My wife "escaped" for a few hours and the boy and I went for a walk to the park and I looked down at his sleeping, smiling face in the stroller the whole time. Had one of those father-son moments...Awesome!!!

5) Work is getting really brutal.  My boss called me at home at 5:00 last night and spent an hour going over a test plan I am creating for a testing session later this week.  When she called I told her I was holding my son, who had just fallen asleep. She could have cared less and instead just implied that it did not matter, we were going to go over this plan regardless. My wife was very, very pissed about it. Next time I am not going to answer!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"