Minnesota Babies
Options

Intact Friendly Pediatrician or family doctor

Does anyone have any recommendations for an intact friendly pediatrician or family doctor?  My first child is a girl and we thought the pediatrician we have used for her was a good fit for our family.  However, my son was born last week and the pediatrician hasn't been very supportive in our decision to not circumcise our son.  Any recommendations?  We live in Golden Valley.

Thanks!

Re: Intact Friendly Pediatrician or family doctor

• Options

Well that's terrible! I know this is out of your way, but Fairview Children's Clinic in St Paul on University is very intact-friendly.

I would actually think most doctors would be. If you don't get any specific recommendations for someone nearer to you, I would call around to your local clinics and ask to be scheduled for an interview (ugh, the time, I know). Or maybe your OB/midwife could even recommend one? I'm sure they deal with the pediatricians doing rounds in the hospital all the time. But I can't imagine it would take too long. Good luck!

DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Our family practice dr. is Dr. Ben Emmons through Park Nicollet-St. Louis Park.  He was supportive of our decision to not circumcise and we never received any comments one way or the other about it from any of the on-call drs in the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We use Dr. Greg Savitt at Partners in Pediatrics in Plymouth, so very close to you.  He's great.  Never forces the foreskin back, not an alarmist about it not being loose.

We did see another doctor through ready care at Partners in Peds and she was horrible in that regard.  I think her name is Cindy Howe.  She seems like a great doctor, but she recommended we get our son circumcised because his foreskin wasn't retracting at 16 months old.  She was also very forceful.  Thankfully, we got a second opinion from Dr. Savitt who said that was ridiculous and there was no reason to be alarmed.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"