Food Allergy
Options

I just cant afford it!!!!

PediaSure Peptide is just too darn expensive!!!!  ....and I can only find it in bulk online...

DS is catagorized with mild stunting due to being a preemie who suffered with severe reflux and who has food allergies....

I will say he eats solids like a champ and per his GI has recently been taken down to four 6 oz bottles a day....they want us to come off Alimentum and go onto the Peptide, but there is just NO way!  I would have to open a credit card to charge the over $500 a month cost of the Peptide! 

Anyone else in or been in this boat??  Any advice?? TIA

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I just cant afford it!!!!

• Options

For ds1, My insurance covered it through durable medical equipment so I just had to meet my deductible than it was covered at 70%.... This was really hard to find out, it took multiple calls to the insurance company and asking for supervisors and finding someone who actually knew something... I spent hours on the phone.  Some programs cover it through a prescription program.

Is your pedi gi part of a hospital? They may have a specific person/ department that deals with insurance company who can call and work the insurance company from the doctors side, getting the right paperwork and wording to the insurance company.  The prescription had to be worded very precicisely.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try calling Apria. They will need a prescription and some info from your doctor and will contact your insurance company to see if they can pay. They know how to just through red tape and bill it the right way. It's worth a call (800) 277-4288. Adk for the enteral department.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The GI is part of the local teaching hospital and they usually have great programs.  Right now there is someone trying to get authorization from my insurance company.  Unfortunately, we would owe 20% after our deductible has been met. 

Second poster- I will look into the company you mentioned.

Unfortunately, my husband was in a motorcycle accident yesterday and his company does not have any short term disability (WTF I know!) So we'll definately be pinched for money until his badly injured arm heals from surgery, etc....So I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me if we're to keep DS on peptide....

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"