Baby Showers

BiscuitEater21 -- Why the DD?

Don't ask for opinions of something and then delete it because you don't like the opinions being said.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BiscuitEater21 -- Why the DD?

• But but but but.... She prefaced her thread with 'no negative comments!'

You meanies. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ooooh, what was the topic??
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Word. Don't post if you're gonna just DD. We notice. 
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imageCranang:
    Ooooh, what was the topic??

She posted pictures of two diaper cakes that she made and wrote, "Lemme know what you ladies think! No negativity please, I'm not interested. These are not decorated yet!"

I guess she wasn't happy when people chose not to flatter her but instead told her the truth: 1) that you can't ask for opinions...but only good ones and 2) that they weren't the best looking cakes at the bakery.

• imageBiscuitEater21:

My cousin made me a pretty cute diaper cake, but I feel like it was kind of thrown together, not a WHOLE lot of thought was put into it because she was throwing the entire shower. But I'm making 2 diaper cakes as my main gift for two different showers (: I have them all finished and they look adorable but I need to decorate them!

I don't want to use an ordinary bow to top it like what was on the one I got for my shower. I used 3 different kinds of ribbon on my SIL's cake and 2 on the one for my girlfriend. 

Here's her newest thread. Um.... all finished and look adorable, but not decorated? HOW is that finished?  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imageRissKay:
    imageBiscuitEater21:

My cousin made me a pretty cute diaper cake, but I feel like it was kind of thrown together, not a WHOLE lot of thought was put into it because she was throwing the entire shower. But I'm making 2 diaper cakes as my main gift for two different showers (: I have them all finished and they look adorable but I need to decorate them!

I don't want to use an ordinary bow to top it like what was on the one I got for my shower. I used 3 different kinds of ribbon on my SIL's cake and 2 on the one for my girlfriend. 

Here's her newest thread. Um.... all finished and look adorable, but not decorated? HOW is that finished?  

I choked on my Skittles at the 'adorable' part. (DH banned me from Nerds, so I bought Skittles.)

• I didn't even see anything negative.  I feel like I totally wasted my time with suggestions. Lame to DD.
  • Ugh!  I was going to post that they didn't look complete and she should decorate them... Then I thought she might take that as "negative" so I just ignored.  Now I kind of wish I had gone back to see what people told her.

I remember that someone said she had a link to her facebook page with her first and last name.  So, maybe the DD was her realizing that wasn't a good idea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • imageimadorable:

But but but but.... She prefaced her thread with 'no negative comments!'

You meanies. 

lol

• imagerhubarb123:
    I didn't even see anything negative.  I feel like I totally wasted my time with suggestions. Lame to DD.

Uhmmmm, my bad. I asked if she was 8 since my niece can take negative comments better than her. I hope she DD based on linking her FB page and all her personal information. I have no idea why people think its ok to use their real names, email addys or link their FB pages on here...obviously they think TB is "safe".

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imagejobiann:

imagerhubarb123:
    I didn't even see anything negative.  I feel like I totally wasted my time with suggestions. Lame to DD.

Uhmmmm, my bad. I asked if she was 8 since my niece can take negative comments better than her. I hope she DD based on linking her FB page and all her personal information. I have no idea why people think its ok to use their real names, email addys or link their FB pages on here...obviously they think TB is "safe".

Some people aren't the smartest on here when it comes to thinking that The Bump is all rainbows and lollipops. But even if she wanted to delete the connection to her Facebook, she could have replaced the link with pictures.  The DD was definitely not necessesary.

• What is DD? Sorry I'm pretty new to the Bump. But I can assure you I didn't delete it because of any comments. I just realized I had put my personal information up and didn't mean to do so!

But anyway if someone wants to say anything negative, it's not like I can't handle it. Lol have your say. I just didn't want to waste my time with any thing I couldn't use.

I had a couple nice responses though and suggestions I'll use. Also, I'm going to repost the pictures without any of my information!

Sorry for the confusion!! 

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I lurk on a few other boards and there have been reports of DDing although the pps swear they didn't.  Maybe there is a glitch.
  • I did delete my post because I had accidentally put some personal information in it that I didn't want everyone in the world to know. But what is DD? Is that deleting the post???

There was nothing negative, it was all useful information, I just didn't want my own things I had put up there on anymore. Sorry again.. 

image image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"