March 2012 Moms
Options

Insomnia anyone?

The last couple of weeks, I have been having the hardest time falling asleep!  It sucks.. I'm tired, I want to sleep, but I just can't seem to shut my mind and body down enough to fall asleep!  DS is doing much better with sleeping (waking once to eat and maybe one other time just needing to be comforted) so it's not him, it's me :(

I'm going to call my OB at lunch today to find out if I can take Unisom or Tylenol PM since I'm still BFing - I'm hoping they're okay since they were safe during pregnancy but I want to be sure.  Has anyone taken either while BFing, or have something else that has worked?  I'm miserable and exhausted.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I can't figure out what's going on!  I know that I'm tired, I just can't sleep!  Ugh!  More coffee, please...

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: Insomnia anyone?

• Options
    I am...lo goes to bed at 7...i go to bed at 10...i dont actually fall asleep till 12am.....i think its due to my morning nap..lo naps from 9:30abt 11:30 so I sleep during that time.....do you take any naps during the day?
  • Options
    Not usually.. yesterday I did take a short one while DS was down for his afternoon nap, but I don't typically nap during the day, and definitely not on days that I work.  I teach part time (every other day) so this lack of sleep is really starting to mess with me.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When LO wasn't STTN I would give anything for a full nights of sleep. Now he is sleeping 12-14 hours and I can't fall asleep before 2am This has been going on for about 3 months now! Hope you get some sleep soon!

TTC#1 12/09
    LO #1 3/12
    TTC#2 9/12
    BFP #2 6/14 ended in CP
    BFP #3 12/14
    DX CCAM @ 20w
    Baby girl EDD 8/22/15

• Options
    I am not BF, but I have the same problem. I take half a benadryl or half a melatonin each and every night and it seems to do the trick. I work FT so I can't nap. LO goes to bed at 7:30 and I usually go to bed by 10, sometimes around 9. Heck, I have no shame, I need my sleep! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"