Food Allergy
Options

Question about trialing foods while BFing.

DD has had mucusy green poops for several weeks and I've been off dairy and soy for just over 3 weeks.  Her diapers have gotten a little better and have changed back to yellow with very little (if any) blood.  So that's a little improvement.  I'll take it!  I also cut out nuts, wheat, and eggs for about a week.  Well, I started eating eggs on Monday (it's baked in some oatmeal bars that I made).  Her stools have definitely not gotten worse and no other symptoms have popped up (that I've noticed).  Is it safe to assume that she's okay with eggs?  Should I expect her symptoms/diapers to get worse if I add in a food that I've eliminated?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Question about trialing foods while BFing.

• Options

Assuming her diapers were normal before you began trailing you should be good to go :), since everything says 4 day wait.  

We did have a five day reaction but when trailing I had eggs, started on sat and did not have reaction till weds. We went from normal pooping yellow brown to bright green mucusy diahreah and terrible crankiness on Thursday.  I had eggs for three days ( sat, sun, mon) then a reaction on day five (weds)

It took us three weeks to stabilize w/o milk and soy and and additional 2.5 when I went top 8 free.  About a week into the top 8 I realized that although things were improved we were still having green diahreah so I cut out corn and within a week things had gone to normal and we trialed eggs. Currently trialling fish, with nuts and wheat next weekish. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When you say corn, do you include oil? I wondered that as I eat Lays chips that have corn oil. :
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekem717:
    When you say corn, do you include oil? I wondered that as I eat Lays chips that have corn oil. :

So far corn oil is ok, just corn or popcorn got obvious reactions.  Lo can also handle soybean oil

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"