D.C. Area Babies

Pediatrician charge for after-hours calls?

We went to a pediatrician open house last night.  This office charges for after-hours calls.  Is this typical of pediatricians in the area?

Thanks!

Re: Pediatrician charge for after-hours calls?

• Ours makes you call a 800 service that charges.  We go to ALL Pediatrics.  Definitely different from the last place we lived.

11/02/10- DS Born
    6/2011- DH started chemo for testicular cancer
    9/2011- Remission!!!!
    6/2012- IUI #1 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    7/2012- IUI #2 natural with HCG shot- banked sperm (BFN)
    -changed RE-
    11/13/12- IVF #1 Bravella 225/Menopur 150/Ganarelix, triggered with Lupron. 11/27- 8R/2M + 2 mature next day/ 4 fertilized/ 2 grade III with 20% fragmentation transferred back on day 3. No frosties. BFN. Boo :(.
    Plan: New semen analysis in January and #2 IVF hopefully with fresh sample in March.
  • It seems to be pretty common, but does not happen 100% of the time.  Our first pedi did not charge for after hours calls, but our current one does, unless your child is then admitted to the hospital. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi says that they may charge for after hours calls. From what I understand they will only charge if you are calling for a ridiculous reason, for example, calling at 2 in the morning to try and make an appointment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I called twice during after hours (once on the weekend and once on a weekday at 9pm). I was charged $10 for each call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP:11/1/11 EDD: 7/3/12 M/C:11/22/11 8w1d
    BFP: 5/23/12 EDD: 2/2/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if it's typical, but when were looking for pediatricians we were told by two different places that if you do an after hours call they will charge between $20-30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"