Food Allergy

Question - Elimination diet food failure

Was on the elimination diet for 18 days and DS had stabilized out diaper wise and personality wise like a different baby.  So I trailed eggs, every thing was fine then on day 5 after introducing eggs, diahreah and bright green diapers but no crankiness. 

I had heard 3 days, so just wondering if anyone else had any experience with delayed reactions.  I had also eaten at my mom's house and wonder if I messed up there, I checked labels but it makes me paranoid that I might miss something.

Any ideas or thoughts? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question - Elimination diet food failure

• Sorry to hear about your LO's reaction. A food intolerance is almost always delayed and could be based on the amount of the food in their system. Did you eat eggs only on one occasion or every day until day 5? From what I learned about food intolerances, nothing is a coincidence so I would think that it was a reaction. Sorry.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • imagejaxlife:
    Sorry to hear about your LO's reaction. A food intolerance is almost always delayed and could be based on the amount of the food in their system. Did you eat eggs only on one occasion or every day until day 5? From what I learned about food intolerances, nothing is a coincidence so I would think that it was a reaction. Sorry.

I had eggs or something with eggs for three days then skipped day 4 or 5 not on purpose just did not want any eggs.

Bummer, no wonder this kid was so cranky if everything hurt his tummy!  Wondering if he will tolerate wheat, fish, or nuts, guess we will figure out over the next couple of weeks.  Really sad because I was able to cut dairy and soy out but not sure if I am going to be able to keep up a super strict diet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know with my son he is fine for the 1st 3 days but on day 4 he stops sleeping due to MPI. Some kids are more sensitive than others, for example maybe you can have something with eggs 1 day and he'll be fine with it, but if you eat egg 3 days in a row it might bother him. I understand what u mean about the diet. I was dairy free for weeks but there was something else I was eating bothering my son and by then I was way too physically and mentally exausted to go on an elimination diet so I switched to Ali RTF-he is doing great now. GL
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"