School-Aged Children

Was anyone NOT sad when #1 went to kindergarten?

DD started this year and she was beyond ready. I wasn't sad about it, I was excited for her and the next stage.
Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Was anyone NOT sad when #1 went to kindergarten?

• My daughter will be starting this week and I'm so excited for her! She's definitely ready for the next phase and I can't wait to watch her!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also wasn't sad at all - my son was so ready to get back to a structured day (his daycare takes summers "off" from lessons). And like the others said, i did have tears, though, because this is a huge milestone and it just means he's getting older and more independent! I really can't wait to watch him grow more and transform with school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • This.  I have loved each stage so much, I don't think it can get any better.  And then it does.   

• I wouldn't say I was sad, although I was filled with emotions (pride, relief, love, etc.) I did cry when my youngest started K, but not with my oldest.

I felt sentimental about the milestone and the change in our lives.  I also went back to work at that time, and it really marked the end of my time as a SAHM.

I am generally happy to see both of my kids getting older and moving on to the next stage, though. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I wasn't.  DS#1 also went to full day public Pre-K at the same school, so I don't think Kindergarten was as big of a *deal* since it was his 2nd year in school.  That said, I wasn't really sad about Pre-K either.  He's really outgoing, social, independent, ect.

DS#2 is a totally different kid.  He will go to a public Pre-K3 for special needs children next year and I'm sure I will cry.  He's quiet, calm, keeps to himself, and isn't used to being away from me much.  I'm already nervous about it and have expressed my concerns to my husband about it all....

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • my LO starts 2 morrow morning! Im not sad. Im excited for her to go to school, i just am blown away she is getting so big so fast! seems like yesterday I was in labor with her and soon i will be in Labor with LO #2 were does time go?
  • I am not sad, but am emotional about the transition and milestone. I am really looking forward to being a school aged mom. These are the best years of parenting from what I hear.....I also love how independent and my responsible DD1 is getting. 
  • I was a little weepy when DD went to Kindergarten, but her father (we are not together) started crying, so I held it in, lol. She had also been in full-day daycare since she was 1 1/2, so I wasn't sad about her leaving me (I was working full time and going to school part time at night). I did cry at her preschool graduation, and her Kindergarten graduation, tho! I'm a wuss when it comes to events like that, though. I get teary eyed at their spring concert!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are getting ready to head to Visiting Day for my kindergartener and school starts tomorrow and we can't wait.  I am not sad, we held her back a year and she repeated her amazing PreK program last year (she was so not ready in a million different ways and all agreed that we made the right decision).  She will start tomorrow ready for what is ahead and I am so excited for her.  No tears or being sad for this momma.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • imageMrsLee04:
    Me. Mine started last week and I was so excited for them. I admit I did cry the 1st day when they got on the bus, but not because I was sad about them growing up or not being babies, more like happy tears because it was such a milestone.
      This.  I cried this morning and a few times in the past week. 
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • I wasn't either~ my DD (and now my DS1) were in public Prek prior to K.  I had a harder time with the end of the year programs.

With that said, I think I will be a mess when DS2 goes : )  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"