June 2011 Moms

Poll: How many night time hours of sleep

DD has recently started waking a little earlier. No matter what time she goes down she still wakes at the same time. Used to be around 10:30, now it's around 8. (we are a later bed time family due to DH's work schedule and him and I going to bed late).

Anyways, I'm trying to decide if I should maybe start putting her down a little earlier since she wakes up at the same time no matter what. She naps for about 3 hours total during the day. Sometimes one nap, sometimes two.

I hear people say their LO sleeps 12 hours at night and I want to be sure DD is getting enough.

[Poll]

Re: Poll: How many night time hours of sleep

• I went ahead and voted. For F I voted 10 hrs even though it's actually about 10 1/2.

• Em goes to bed between 6:30 and 7pm and wakes up between 6:15 and 6:45am. She naps anywhere from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours a day. She always goes down around 12:30 at home and DC, but the length is unpredictable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Most of the time it is 11 hours going to bed at 8pm and waking at 7am. Sometimes she will sleep a little later but most days its the same.
  • I said 11 hours - that is on average.  Sometimes it's 10, sometimes it's 12.  He takes about 3 hours worth of naps a day too - either 2 1 1/2 hour naps or 1 3 hour nap.
  • It's usually 12 hours or more. She goes down around 730. Wakes up between 730 830.
    ~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I voted 11. They're both actually in their cribs for 12hrs (from abt 7:15p-7:15a), but I'd say he's typically awake (and happy) for about half an hour on both ends of that.

He naps for abt 3hrs a day, too, similar to Finley.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMommaA117:

I went ahead and voted. For F I voted 10 hrs even though it's actually about 10 1/2.

I did the opposite.  It's generally 10.5 but I voted 11 just so that maybe one day it'll actually be 11! 

ETA: He takes 2-3 hours worth of naps a day.  Generally a 2-nap day is 3 hours in naps, and a 1 nap day is 2-hours in naps.  Except yesterday was a 1-nap, 1-hour day :( 

• I voted 11 but sometimes its 10 and sometimes 12. Lately its been 12 which is nice!
  • I chose 10 hours but it is usually 10 and a half. She takes one 2 hour nap every afternoon.

ETA: Bedtime is around 8 pm and she wakes up between 6:15 and 6:45 am everyday; naptime begins around 12:45 pm, after lunch.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • 11 hours is our average but my DS will randomly go for stretches for a few weeks where he will sleep later or wake up earlier.  He might got for a few weeks waking up at 7 or later and then he'll switch to 6:15 for a few weeks.  He also will do this with his bedtime.  He went to bed at 8 pretty consistently for 6+ months and then all the sudden started need to go to bed at 7 or 7:15 for like 6 weeks.  I don't complain too much because once he's asleep he basically never wakes up but he really likes to keep us on our toes with bedtimes/ wake up times! 

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS3 sleeps 11-12 hours a night (usually 8-8)
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Usually 12 hours and about 1.5 to 2 hours of nap time.
  • 730-730, but only one 1 hour nap per day. Wish she'd nap more and stay up an extra hour at night!
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD usually goes to bed at 8pm and random wake up times. Lately she has been waking up anywhere from 530-630, with the occasional 730 wake up.

She has been a bear with sleeping during naps and bedtimes lately though. I hope she goes back to some type of routine shortly.

• I voted 13, though sometimes it's 12 or 12 1/2. She JUST started consistently STTN a little over a week ago when we finally weaned from night nursing. It has been amazing. Usually she will take an hour and a half nap, never less, sometimes more...which is nice!
  • J typically sleeps 10-11 hours overnight. He went through a phase over the summer where he started waking after 9-9.5 hours and it was clearly too little sleep. I transitioned him to one nap and his overnight sleep got longer. 
  • 11 hours. 8PM to 7AM, give or take. He is at my moms house on Wednesdays, and he naps for 1 hour there. At home, it's USUALLY 2 hours lol.

DH works til 2AM three to four nights a week. I work 7AM to 2PM four or five days a week. I think H and I both prefer him to be on a regular schedule though.

• He sleeps about 7:15-7 am, but he only naps 1.5 hrs.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Caroline sleeps 10 hours total but she wakes up 2 or 3 times a night. I would say she's actually asleep asleep for 8 hours. Sometimes she takes 2 hours of naps a day but sometimes it's zero.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted 11, though occasionally it's more, sometimes less. Most nights, he's down by 8:30 and wakes around 7:30. If he had a later nap, sometimes he'll go to sleep around 9 and sleep until 8. Last weekend, he slept til 8:45, which was awesome (I could not, for the life of me, get myself back to sleep when I woke at 7:30, though).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • When she was taking two naps, it was about 10 hours a night.  Since she started at dc, she only takes one nap, so she gets closer to 11 each night.  I'm not sure if she has ever slept for 12 straight.
  • I voted for 11.  DD goes down about 7:15 PM and wakes up around 6:45-7:00 AM.  For the last few weeks, I've been having to wake her up for DC at 7:15.  It seems like the change occurred at the same time that she moved to the toddler room and started going outside on a daily basis.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • About 9 hours. She goes to bed around 9:00 and usually gets woke up by us putting her in the car seat around 6:00 to go to my parents. She takes two hour to hour and a half naps during the day still. On the weekends she sleeps longer since I'm not getting up super early for work. On the weekends she usually get in about 10-12 hours of sleep.
    forum
  • 11 hours here.... My guy gets up between 5-6am and I so wish we could get him to sleep a bit later. NO matter what time he goes to bed -- 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm he is up at the same time. I just keep telling myself it is transitional
  • I thought I replied to this but don't see it...

7:30 pm to 6:30 am, 2 hour nap at daycare, 3 plus hours of naps on weekends.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"