Food Allergy
Options

I can't believe I may be back...

DS had a Milk protein allergy that I suspected for a few months before finally having a pedi who would diagnose him at about 6 months. His most predominant symptoms were mucousy (non-bloody) diapers and eczema down his whole back. He finally is growing out of it. NOW, DD is having a horrendous rash on her face, down her chest to about the nipple line, around her neck and her upper back. She is also spitting up some and last night after I had ice cream and then nursed her she just cried and I could feel her stomach rumbling. We don't have another pedi appt. for a month (although I am considering making one for this Friday) so I think I am going to try to go milk free and see if anything gets better. I just don't want to go as long as we did we her brother.

So the question is I know they say it takes 2 weeks to get the milk out of everyone's system, but when did you see improvement after going on the diet? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I can't believe I may be back...

• Options
    DD2 has mspi and after I cut out milk/soy, it took a little over 4 weeks until I saw improvements with her not being fussy or having a rumbly tummy. It took another few weeks (and she still has some occasionally) for her poop to not have mucous.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD2's poop was back to normal after I'd been dairy and soy free for about 5 wks. I know that rumbling tummy sound you're talking about, DD2 had that too. It sounds so uncomfortable. :(
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"